• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

heringer

It's out on Android. October 3rd on iOS.

This one is freemium though. Not sure yet if it's the ok type of freemium. Played for a little bit. Feels like Puzzle Quest with Marvel theme, but not as deep. Writting is cheesy as hell.

I've been playing it off and on. So far its alright I suppose. I'm more used to the Puzzle & Dragons style of matching orbs so going back to the bejeweled style seems a bit more boring. Artwork is pretty nice. I'll stick with it for a bit longer and see if it grows on me.

This one is freemium though. Not sure yet if it's the ok type of freemium.

Playing for a few hours, seems like a decent freemium. Haven't been tempted yet to spend money, although you need to grind a bit to level up and advance. I'm sure you can spend cash to advance quicker but playing is fun.

Been playing on my Nook HD+

Says preview edition, not sure what that means.

Triz

This game is awesome. I've been killing my iPhone battery at a ridiculous pace since I picked it up. Even got me to purchase coins on a free game which I hadn't done yet.

Been playing for awhile now. Only annoying part is picking up new characters is done by spending coins and banking coins is slow as hell, even after my hours of playtime. Basically need to spend money to get new characters and even then, it's a random draw so you can't actually pick who you want to buy.

Gameplay is fun, just wish I could get characters without spending a bunch of $$

Cipherr

We just need a new Puzzle Quest.... Not like part 2, just a raw sequel to the first one, in the same/similar setting. God I really enjoyed that game.

I had fun with the game, but it got too grindy. I just got to the Juggernaut chapter and couldn't beat him because of his ridiculous health. So i just deleted it.

I haven't deleted it yet but waiting for people to heal when they will inevitably be damaged sucks hard. It sucks even more when a character like juggernaut has an ability that damages himself. Combined with really high boss health counts and leveling that takes forever, this game had potential but it's another fine example of a game ruined by mobile game design.

Lint21

Neo Member
I've spent maybe 30-40 minutes playing so far. Seems like a ton of fun, but it also hasn't started bugging me about buying stuff yet. It would be great if there were something to buy that would just unlock everything and render the microtransactions obsolete.

Game is also a battery destroyer.

And yeah, Puzzle Kingdoms is awesome. It's usually $2.50 in the Steam sales.

You all know how tough it is to generate coins.

The last 300 coins I've saved up and spent have netted me 2 bag-man spidermans.

Dude fucking sucks.

Triz

I have a 4 star legendary wolverine that hits super hard. But to upgrade him it's 300 coins a pop. And no comics drop for legendaries that I have seen so the only way to raise levels is through coins. The price you pay in pay to win I guess.

It is frustrating knowing how much of an advantage people who drop tens or hundreds of real world dollars get. It'd be nice to have the option to fight people who haven't spent IAP.

Top Bottom