• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offscreen Injustice Vita footage

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
No crossplay sucks. Looks great though.

This being native on the Vita makes me wonder if the PS4 version will have remote play. I wonder if Sony will let publishers opt out of remote play if they make a native Vita version of the game. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Damn, those animations look terrible. I know they haven't changed since the console versions but they are so distracting. Textures look a bit better than MK Vita though from what little I can see.

This being native on the Vita makes me wonder if the PS4 version will have remote play. I wonder if Sony will let publishers opt out of remote play if they make a native Vita version of the game. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

That would be such a great policy for me in order to ensure Vita game production, but not necessarily something I'd like to see, 'cause it would create backlash from more gamers in general than it would elation from a very small minority in the already small Vita base. Of course, even if something like that was in place, it'd be cheaper for devs to support remote-play than to port a game and any profit seen in Vita ports probably wouldn't discourage having remote play as a competitive bulletpoint among PS4 titles.

JeTmAn81

Ive not gave a shit about fighting games since SF on the SNES.. so why has this game got my interest piqued?

If I had to guess, how about the characters? That's the first thing needed to ever really sell me on a fighting game. That's why I only really interested in Street Fighter, Marvel Vs. Capcom and Injustice. Those are the games with the best characters. Obviously I am a comics fan.

UNCMark

Banned
You either weren't watching it in HD or you aren't aware how poor the Vita port of MK was.

I'm willing to bet that the sub-native res of Injustice is still higher than the native res of the 3DS.

HD doesnt matter. It's off-screen footage. When I watch offscreen footage of MK Vita, it looks good too.

And it's a subnative res game running on a handheld. It's not going to look good. Bumped up polycount is good, but it's the res that's really going to hurt it. With that said, I didn't mind it in MK, and I wouldnt mind it here. It's a shame they have to do it this way though.

Takao

Banned
LBP Vita is subnative res, and I'd still consider it to be one of the best looking games on the platform.

Love 60 fps games, shame it's not native res though :\

Looks pretty good graphically otherwise.

native res games really look a LOT nicer on vita

RE_Player

This guaranteed me buying a copy. I've probably put more hours into MK on Vita than on PS3 and I suspect it will be the same with Injustice.

gogogow

LBP Vita is subnative res, and I'd still consider it to be one of the best looking games on the platform.

UC as a launch title and being sub-native res looks good too, the only thing hurting the graphics are the fire and explosions which are not filtered and looks extremely pixelated. The IQ is fine imo. The other game where I think sub native res hurts the IQ a bit too much is Gravity Rush. The sub navtive res just doesn't go well with cartoon shading/the black lines.

kick51

Banned
MK9 looked fine except when it zoomed in and you could see how terrible the geometry and textures were on the characters. During a match it was fine.

ss_lemonade

While sub native res is a problem, I think Vita MK having bad textures and missing a lot of the shader effects was a bigger issue.

It would be cool if they were cross buy and cross play, but I can't see that first part happening.

Khezu

They have been working on it a bit longer then I would have thought.

I wonder how long HVS have been working on the PS4 and PC versions.

Wynnebeck

Banned
And it's a subnative res game running on a handheld. It's not going to look good. Bumped up polycount is good, but it's the res that's really going to hurt it. With that said, I didn't mind it in MK, and I wouldnt mind it here. It's a shame they have to do it this way though.

Does it really matter? As long as the game doesn't look like a DS/PSP game and it runs at 60FPS, we should be happy.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?

That would be such a great policy for me in order to ensure Vita game production, but not necessarily something I'd like to see, 'cause it would create backlash from more gamers in general than it would elation from a very small minority in the already small Vita base. Of course, even if something like that was in place, it'd be cheaper for devs to support remote-play than to port a game and any profit seen in Vita ports probably wouldn't discourage having remote play as a competitive bulletpoint among PS4 titles.

Yes. It's very odd. But, ports are coming in hard and fast it seems like. Maybe they could offer discounts because it doesn't look like PS4-Vita AAA Cross-Play is going to happen much. I think the real thing we all want to see is the Vita ownership base grow and it's up to Sony to decide how that happens.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm willing to bet that the sub-native res of Injustice is still higher than the native res of the 3DS.

So? The screens are totally different. There are some beautiful native res 3DS games and some awful subnative Vita games.

So? The screens are totally different. There are some beautiful native res 3DS games and some awful subnative Vita games.

There are some beautiful sub native resolution games on vita too, LBP is one. I'm willing to bet that sub native on vita looks better than native on 3ds as well.

Tygamr

Doubt it. Remote-play is a system level feature. Developers don't even have to mess with it at all. Just make a PS4 game that doesn't require the PS Move/camera, and it will work. They can configure it and add special controls, etc. if they want to.

Ty4on

Halving the res to PSP res (480x272) for perfect scaling is still higher than the 3DS' top screen (400x240).

Subnative still sucks and especially after having tried Killzone with its gorgeous IQ. It was like a window to a different world; so sharp yet natural looking.

Top Bottom