• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Lots of PS4 game reviews coming in the next two weeks but not Xbone"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gowans

7b7ZxKr.png

4EahNQL.png

Source: @aegies (Polygons Reviews Editor)

I wonder why?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm assuming because the day one firmware patch to allow games to be played on XB1 isn't ready yet.

NateDrake

Select cross-gen review events had the PS4 version present -- ACIV, BF4, and CoD, to name a few. ACIV PS4 reviews+footage will surface on the 29th.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Aegis, where is your secret souce now?

StuBurns

Banned
That doesn't really make sense, because we're not going to get SKU specific reviews anyway, right? AC4 is being reviewed on PS4, I gather people play the other ones a bit to see what they're like, but we're not going to get a review for every platform.

I figured it's an embargo, or that you can't play games on the XBOne until you download the initial patch. Since he said it wasn't platform difference, probably the former.

I'd say Microsoft doesn't want any reviews up until that Monday after the PS4 launch. They want that full week to excite people with. No point in a good review for anything going live before the PS4 launch and watch it get melted into page 3 of every site.

Vizzeh

Banned
I would say Embargo, because MS KNOW their system is weaker and the reviews will compare. PRE-orders will sell out, so this wont matter so much, its when the MASS market sees the reviews, cant hide the truth forever.

Darklord

Banned
Fuck, when Arthur Gies, the guy who defended shit like Sim City's forced DRM, says something is shitty then it must be bad.

soultron

Banned
I honestly didn't expect to see any reviews for either system until at least 7 days before launch, so this isn't surprising/a let down to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom