• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA5: Rockstar expects update 1.05 to release early next week + GTA$ Stimulus Package

mocoworm

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51636/grand-theft-auto-online-update.html

Rockstar said:
Update (Nov 1): Currently, we expect the next title update (1.05) addressing player progress loss issues to be available sometime early next week. Following that, we hope to deliver everyone’s GTA$ Stimulus Package before the end of next week. A big thank you to GTA Online players worldwide for your continued patience and understanding and we will continue to keep you all updated.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-01-gta5-rockstar-expects-update-1-05-to-release-early-next-week

Eurogamer said:
Rockstar expects the next Grand Theft Auto 5 update to release early next week.

Update 1.05 addresses player progress loss issues.

After it's released, Rockstar hopes to release the GTA$ Stimulus Package, it said on its Newswire website. The current target for this is before the end of next week.

The developer originally promised it would gift players $500,000 in two $250,000 lumps starting two weeks ago, as an apology for the game's online teething problems. But the money has yet to turn up in GTA Online bank accounts.

GTA5's first add-on content update, the Beach Bum Pack, is due in November. The DLC contains new vehicles, weapons and customisation items such as tattoos and hair styles to both GTA5's offline portion and GTA Online. The add-on also contains such challenges as new jobs, Gang Attacks, Survivals, Last Team Standings, Parachutes, Deathmatches and Races.

Another upcoming addition is the GTA Online Content Creator. Due this autumn, this mission editor allows players to create, publish and rate user-generated Deathmatch and Race Jobs.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
original

Holy shit, they still haven't fixed people randomly losing progress? What a clusterfuck.

Player loss is not very common. There was noteworthy player loss the first week, but then it settled out. The only other "progress lost" was like 2 weeks ago or so when they issued a patch, some people lost progress they made that day. I don't think it was very common.

Frankly, this isn't the biggest problem with the game...

They've gotta get a matchmaking system in here. The game is just SO stale without it. There's nothing to do.

GTA5's first add-on content update, the Beach Bum Pack, is due in November. The DLC contains new vehicles, weapons and customisation items such as tattoos and hair styles to both GTA5's offline portion and GTA Online. The add-on also contains such challenges as new jobs, Gang Attacks, Survivals, Last Team Standings, Parachutes, Deathmatches and Races.

Another upcoming addition is the GTA Online Content Creator. Due this autumn, this mission editor allows players to create, publish and rate user-generated Deathmatch and Race Jobs.

Top is good news. Glad that the Beach Bum pack has new jobs, races, gang attacks, and survivals. The "this fall" for the content creator, and having it be limited to just DM and Race sucks. This fall will probably mean December 21. DM is pretty much the worst mode in the game.

Anybody remember the GTAO introduction video? When they were talking about the content creator, they showed a guy run up to take cover behind a wall, grab a rocket launcher, and shoot the rocket launcher at another player who was coming in on a helicopter. Sorry, but that's just not possible in GTA O. Same with the iconic scene of the guys riding their ATVs down the side of a mountain, jumping off a cliff, and launching their parachutes. That never happens/happened/is possible.

As someone who has no interest in the online portion I am keen to try out the new vehicles offline, just wish it also meant more random missions. Imagine if the content creator missions could somehow work in offline with bots instead of real humans.

Would keep the game permanently in my disc tray.

As someone who has no interest in the online portion I am keen to try out the new vehicles offline, just wish it also meant more random missions. Imagine if the content creator missions could somehow work in offline with bots instead of real humans.

Complaining about lack of bots? Is this 1999?

j-wood

So did they basically just abandon patching the single player game? Don't we still have the issue where cars disappear from your garage?

Sethos

Banned
Can't believe they focus on this half-arsed multiplayer component. Fix up some of the SP bugs, add some cars and shit you can buy, make some new side-missions.

gogogow

Did RS ever acknowledge the problems with the DD version? Guess they will never fix ti or it might not even be fixable.

Was hoping heists would be available by now. It has almost been two months. :(

I want heists too but...

gxKlOnQ.png

I agree. I wish that there were more random things to do in the game with AI / PvE stuff. There's just nothing to do without launching a mode. Gang hideouts are basically the only thing, and there's what.. 6 of them?

Imm0rt4l

Content creators for deathmatch and races. Nothing concrete on missions.

Was hoping heists would be available by now. It has almost been two months. :(
Its only been a month and that's if you count the week it basically didn't work.

mocoworm

They've gotta get a matchmaking system in here. The game is just SO stale without it. There's nothing to do.

This simply isn't true. It's providing me and my pals with hours and hours of gaming every night and I haven't been bored with a single second of it. There is always something to do or jobs to play.

If you are on 360 add me to your friends list and play with us. My GT is mocoworm

walks into Ammunation, only the Sawed Off Shotgun and the poopoo Uzzi are available.

weapons still locked out due to LEVELS, fuck Leveling up.

Rizsparky

This simply isn't true. It's providing me and my pals with hours and hours of gaming every night and I haven't been bored with a single second of it. There is always something to do or jobs to play.

If you are on 360 add me to your friends list and play with us. My GT is mocoworm

Thats the issue, if you don't have friends to play with it's pretty crappy playing with randoms.

walks into Ammunation, only the Sawed Off Shotgun and the poopoo Uzzi are available.

weapons still locked out due to LEVELS, fuck Leveling up.
Yeah, the requirement to level up to gain access to more totally kills a ton of the enjoyment factor, particularly when you've lost one or more characters since the start of GTAO. Should have just made the game based all around doing jobs and making cash instead to get more stuff, not extra arbitrary treadmills to run. Of course, the lack of mission variety makes making cash equally lame. Very undercooked experience so far.

How much variety do you need? I have played a ton of different missions with variety.

More than what is currently available. Mostly, I'm waiting on heists and more interesting mission designs for co-op than just basic multiplayer staples present in any other online game over the last decade. They can be fun, but they're pretty worn out by the time you've done them a couple times.

mocoworm

More than what is currently available. Mostly, I'm waiting on heists and more interesting mission designs for co-op than just basic multiplayer staples present in any other online game over the last decade. They can be fun, but they're pretty worn out by the time you've done them a couple times.

Do the missions from Martin that come to your mobile phone. They are like heists.You need a few people to do then and have good payouts.

Marleyman

Banned

Missions...do you play the missions with other people?

SeanNaess

Neo Member

Oh yeah, I forgot the online didn't start at launch! Oops.

Reule

Man, I don't know when they'll be able to sell GTA Cash to the public at this point. They're gonna have to lock down those exploits/glitches that are making people millionaires. I'm excited for new content though and await the heists.

I hope they can get a GTA Legends pack or something later. It'd be cool to dress like some of the old characters from past games. Get that Vercetti shirt or Claude jacket.

Top Bottom