• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Rockstar plans to announce GTA6 as early as this week and a trailer in December

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...announce-much-anticipated-grand-theft-auto-vi

Rockstar Games, a division of Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., plans to announce the next highly anticipated Grand Theft Auto game as early as this week, according to people familiar with its plans.

The company plans to then publish a trailer for Grand Theft Auto VI next month to celebrate Rockstar’s 25th anniversary, said the people, who asked to not be identified because they weren’t authorized to speak publicly. A spokesperson for Rockstar didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment sent after business hours.

Last edited:

Thabass

The first thing I have believed from all of these GTA VI rumors in years. I fully expect a GTA announcement before end of year.

xpLA9eZ.gif

thatJohann

Watch it be some dumb teaser with no gameplay just showing GTA VI logo and a 2025 release date.

Last edited:

Venuspower

Imagine that the insider actually only spoke to Rockstar about "the next GTA", Bloomberg then read too much into it and in the end the Definitive Edition Mobile version is announced.

Animated GIF

Denton

So, any bets on whether Rockstar will pretend PC does not exist as usual, only to announce the PC version year or two later?
Doubledip exploiting twats that they are.

K2D

Banned
Just replayed GTAV on PS5, so perfect timing. Had forgotten about 80 percent of the story so it was a worthwhile playthough..!

Watch it be some dumb teaser with no gameplay just showing GTA VI logo and a 2025 release date.

Ding-ding-ding!

With s full gameplay trailer in December.

Stafford

Well, I'm not going to deny that I didn't expect anything anymore this year. Since Rockstar often does big things in certain months and that month had passed by already. Maybe they don't care about that anymore. Maybe this time around things really are different and the wait between announcement and release is much shorter too.

We'll see!

Stafford

Or watch Rockstar delay this announcement and trailer because JS couldn't keep his trap shut.

Really, why did we need this news? Let shit just happen ffs.

TVexperto

Or watch Rockstar delay this announcement and trailer because JS couldn't keep his trap shut.

Really, why did we need this news? Let shit just happen ffs.
jason needed another article shitting on rockstar (just like he did with cd project red)

Stafford

As for release....

Worst case scenario is that it's still two years away from release. This happened with both GTA 5 and RDR2 if I'm not mistaken.

Or it's still a full year from release, which wouldn't surprise me and then gets delayed to spring 2025.

Best case scenario is release date is spring 2024, delayed to end of 2024. I just don't see this dropping in less than a year.

Top Bottom