• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: Ghosts recycles a multiplayer map from MW3

Amir0x

Banned
that's how they make deadlines bro ;)

Edit: I actually don't have any problem with this, if they just labeled it a 'legacy map.'

The whole Ghosts project is a joke anyway. Straight milking the franchise at this point because they know they will sell 10m copies no matter how crappy they make it, or how rehashed it is.

Copy paste cutscenes, copy paste multiplayer, copy paste weaponry, whatever.

Hell the next-gen versions are just a copy/paste job with an increase in resolution. Barely even that in the X1 version.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That's fan service guys.

hahahahahaaaa... hahahaa... ha

Benutzer

i wish more fps studios would do that. just recycle the good maps and give them a fresh paint. i would pay a lot of money for a call of duty: greatest hits

Nori Chan

So they changed the scenery of it and changed the layout a little bit?

...so what's so bad about this? That's like making fun of black ops 2 and nuketown 2025

i wish more fps studios would do that. just recycle the good maps and give them a fresh paint. i would pay a lot of money for a call of duty: greatest hits

And let's totally ignore the new gameplay feature that the original map was design for and how it will fit into the new game ? yay no thanks. BF3 had big issue with BF2 maps for this

jwk94

I don't see the problem with this. They changed up a few things in the map so it's not 100% the same. They should have labeled it a legacy map as someone else said, though.

dreamfall

That laziness.

Gotta love the annual COD effect.

I'm hoping Titanfall does what the first Modern Warfare did- feel fresh!

Order

This is the main reason why i will never buy a Call of Duty videogame.
Of course. This was the reason. THIS is what stopped you. I understand you have an irrational hate for CoD, but please don't act like you were even interested in the games.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I don't understand the problem with this at all? They recreated a similar map from the ground up, it's not like they just did a texture swap. The map plays really well (bar the spawning system). Seems like just people are wanting to hate on Call of Duty for any reason whatsoever.

Recycling a map from the CoD game with the worst maps in the whole series. Yep, Infinity Ward 0.4 made this game.

Save us Respawn.

Sai-kun

Banned
Not sure why people think there's anything wrong with this? Remakes of 'classic' maps have always been a thing, at least in Halo. A remake/reimagining of an older map is always cool. Unless the map sucks, then that's just a bad break :lol

Lanark

Isn't this pretty common? I remember this happening in the Halo series. Was it considered a scandal?

It actually happened in the past in the COD series as well. The Brecourt map from COD 1 reappeared in COD 2, and in MW 2. Nobody seemed to be outraged back then. COD 2 copied a lot of maps from 1 anyway.

Top Bottom