• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku introduces the Amazon Playstation Network Store

gruenel

ku-bigpic.png

You read that headline right. We're very excited to introduce the Amazon Playstation Network Store, an alternate venue to purchase digital Playstation content for Playstation 3, Playstation 4, and Playstation Vita.

The downside of going all digital for the next-gen consoles was going to be restricting yourself to only one storefront for potential deals, but now that's not an issue. Sony already leaves its competitors in the dust when it comes to sales, especially with its Playstation Plus program, and adding Amazon's deal muscle to the mix increases the potential savings exponentially.

To celebrate the launch of the store, Amazon will be offering $5 PSN credit back on select digital purchases, and even better, customers who participate in the limited time buy two get one free promotion starting at noon ET today (Tuesday) will also get a bonus $5 PSN credit.

http://kotaku.com/welcome-to-the-amazon-playstation-network-store-1462747295

Link to store: http://www.amazon.com/b/?node=1289533011

Megaton?

Nibel

Wait, does that mean I can finally buy digital stuff without buying PSN cards?!

Please come to Germany

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
OK this is godlike. I can now get amazon points for buying PSN stuff through the store. Sony you so crazy.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Does this mean we...we're finally seeing competition for the digital space on a console? Oh God, yeah. YEAH.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Says it's currently only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

You could probably get away with it by using a fake US address like people do with purchasing of PSN cards.

Ploid 3.0

And dude, amazon has the craziest digital deals.... Omg

Just look at their PC download sales, it's like a hand full of sales each day.

I might... be going all digital for PS4 if it's like amazon PC digital. Not as big of a price cut because it's console and sony gets money of course but the deals!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
customers who participate in the limited time buy two get one free promotion starting at noon ET today (Tuesday) will also get a bonus $5 PSN credit.

wtf really? lol

Amazon and Sony schemin. I love it.

Steroyd

Holy fuck, this could be the kick up the Arse needed to bring digital prices down from stupid, and bring it that one step closer to steam.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
This is a HUGE deal. Holy cow!

So perfectly timed as well. I'll be buying my Last of Us DLC on Amazon.
I'm never putting my credit card details on PSN.

Top Bottom