• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is your PS4 faulty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moze

Banned
As somebody from Europe with a pre order i am interested in seeing just how many PS4's have died on here. From looking at the individual PS4 impressions threads there appears to be quite a lot of faults? Seems to be much more than 0.4%

To be honest i am somewhat tempted to cancel my pre order based on these reports of faulty systems.

Some Nobody

As somebody from Europe with a pre order i am interested in seeing just how many PS4's have died on here. From looking at the individual PS4 impressions threads there appears to be quite a lot of faults? Seems to be much more than 0.4%

To be honest i am somewhat tempted to cancel my pre order based on these reports of faulty systems.

Already this thread is off to a bad start.

N.Domixis

Banned
Everything is fine, if they sold 1million units already a .4% failure rate would give you 4000 broken ps4s. Those with broken ps4s will go online, and make it feel like its a big issue but it is not.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

I think Jeff Gerstmann explained it well.

Everyone who's PS4's are working are playing their PS4. Everyone who's PS4's aren't are telling everyone about it.

It seems like there's an unreasonably high amount of non-functioning ones because you're not really hearing about the functioning ones because they're busy enjoying the system rather than talking about it.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

People with working systems are playing.

Eggbok

Oh no a faulty system at launch, thats never ever happened before.....

Muffdraul

I just got mine delivered to my office, can't wait to get it home and set it up tonight and find out if it's faulty! Until then, it's Schrodinger's PS4.

Jedi2016

Played for about an hour, breaking now for lunch. No issues, it's purring like a kitten. In fact, a kitten would probably be louder.

FWIW, I updated to 1.5 before ever booting up for the first time. Got all my options set up, my SEN account set up, downloaded Resogun, played some Knack (it installed all the way during the first level), played some Resogun, put it in Standby.

Moosehole

My PS4 is working just fine, along with the 7 people on my friends list who already have PS4s.

The crazy paranoia and sweeping generalizations based off of a handful of people's experiences needs to be dialed back.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
We're not against threads if people are having issues, or a general thread if it becomes clear that a larger discussion is necessary. But we don't need to poll like this.

The Lamp

I don't think that's how statistics work, dude.

Basing your analysis off of GAF posts results in amazing skew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom