• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stephen Colbert: Daddy Loves You, PlayStation 4!

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
image.php

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Ocaso

Ho Lee fuk. That publicity.

Seriously, things like this and Obama casually mentioning the PS4 in a speech provide advertising and increase mindshare in a way you just can't buy. That said, I occasionally got the impression that Jon Stewart was a gamer based on references he'd occasionally toss out on the Daily Show. Perhaps Colbert is genuinely a fan too.

avaya

This thing, the million day one, Brack Friday Bunduru, Kaz banging chicks with no rubbers, PS4 isn't going double platinum son it's going Double Uranium.

Where my headphones at?
/Chapelle

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't, seeing that I'm from australia, so I don't really know much except for a few random clips on the internet.

Just surprised that it was so blatant.

dramatis

I don't, seeing that I'm from australia, so I don't really know much except for a few random clips on the internet.

Just surprised that it was so blatant.
Thing about Colbert is that the 'blatant' advertising is completely intentional.

Check out his Doritos blazer a few posts up. His show runs on satire so the 'advertising' aspect, when the sponsors ask him to, gets played up to extremes.

Azure J

Ha ri Nil Sun was the defacto best joke in that segment but man did he transition into that PS4 with style. :lol

The iPad and Ha Ri Ni Son bits were the highlight of that segment.

And it's kind of strange he did that since they were running "Comedy Central is sponsored by Xbox One" ads all night (esp. for South Park and Key and Peele) prior to the Daily Show. Point being I thought MS had CC in lock.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I miss the days when they used to air the Colbert Report over here. Now the only thing I've got is The Daily Show, and that just isn't as good.

Top Bottom