• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Girl and the Robot Indie KS reaches $15k goal, needs $25k for Wii U (6d left)

photo-main.jpg

3517f8dd201046c23255a03250ad04e9_large.jpg

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2039811773/the-girl-and-the-robot

The team just announced that they added Wii U as a stretch goal at $25,000, they just passed their initial $15,000 goal, they only have 6 days left.

Damn that's some gorgeous art. o_O In-game it looks rough but it is early obviously, hope they can make it look really close to the art in the end.

CTLance

Heh. Somehow this made me think of Ghost Song (by fellow gaffer Jobbs). Girls and their robot friends are now en vogue, huh. Not that I mind.

Looks cute. Not terribly fond of the combat in the pitch... but whatever. Take a few bucks, random guy on the other end of the world. Hope ya make a good game. No fancy breakfast for me tomorrow.

It kind of bugs me that they said something like this:

The game brings the thrills of classic games such as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Ico, and pairs them with the sense of wonder and adventure found in animated movies such as those from Studio Ghibli.

dat namedropping

NewGame

Banned
Backed for the WiiU.

Man I am loving this whole kickstarter thing. 'wiiu has no games!!' *backs a bunch of stuff* "k wiiu has games now". It's like magic.

Davey Cakes

Wii U fans/owners want good, original games as much as anyone else. Give them a stretch goal and they'll at least try to make it happen.

At this point the Wii U is more of a niche console than Nintendo wants it to be. But, that might not be a bad thing. It has a smaller audience but also a more dedicated one, in some ways.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't mind if the Wii U becomes the machine that Ouya failed to be, with big budget Nintendo games. Get rid of the disk drive and it can be nearly as small too.

sörine

Banned
Whats up with the low goal?

25k$ is not a lot of money for development of anything.
Unity license is free on Wii U. They really just have to cover $2500 for the dev kit and the costs of porting.

On PS3, 360, PS4, Vita or Xbox One the Unity license is $40,000 a pop. Which is why it always surprises me when I see Wii U stretch goals on Unity projects higher than those systems or even no Wii U goal at all.

disap.ed

Saw this too late unfortunately (please post such things in the Kickstarter thread), will buy it on the WiiU if it is any good though.

Top Bottom