• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cliffy B. says Super Mario 3D World is a system-seller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exile20

44iwbsw.png

Eusis

No cliffy twitter threads
His name first appeared nationwide thanks to a high score in SMB displayed in Nintendo Power.

This makes it sort of vaguely relevant!
Can't buy a console for one game.
They're like the spark that gets the fire going: so long as there's more fuel it's enough to get things going. Conversely I imagine if it's literally the ONLY game of interest now or on the horizon then maybe you shouldn't get it unless you have enough money to blow on any passing interest.

Firestorm

Can't buy a console for one game.
I'm considering buying a WiiU after a year because Mario 3D World + new price point. Smash Bros. and Zelda are eventually coming but one game can definitely push someone to purchase a system.

This is especially true considering how many people I know bought a 3DS for Pokemon.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
As soon as the first 10/10 review landed I was on Amazon ordering a Wii U.

It's a bloody fantastic game, and I basically bought the console for it alone as I fcking love 3D Mario games.

Scrabble

Sorry, I'm not into baby nintendo games. Maybe when mario gets some "NEXT GEN GAMEPLAY" or a sophisticated and mature plot I'll be more interested.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
perhaps normally, but the wii u is a special case. it's just very unappealing hardware; under-powered with a interface that just hasn't proven its worth.

edit: mario 3d world looks like an absolutely phenomenal game that i want play though, i could see myself buying the $99 wii u in a few years when the full nintendo library is out for it.

Super Mario could never sell me a sys..... actually, I, uh, bought a DS to play New Super Mario Brothers.... Super Mario could sell me a system once in a lifet... well, technically, I wanted a NES after playing Super Mario Brothers at my cousin's house... fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, you can't get fooled again!

I think I lost my way a bit.

Anyway, we'll see what happens in November, December, and January NPDs and see if these personal opinions and accompanying feel good stories translate to something substantive.

UNCMark

Banned
Bought for Killzone
Stayed for RESOGUN

Pretty much. I hate Killzone. Beautiful game though, but horrible gameplay. Resogun is amazing. I knew what I was getting into though buying a console on day one and I'm fine with waiting. I'm fortunate to have a friend with a Wii U and I've been playing through SMW3D when I hang out with him. Great game, but I really detest the gamepad and much like Kinect, it's the reason I'm not interested in buying the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom