• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever wondered what Super Mario 64 would look like on a GBA?

Bullet Club

Banned
If the answer is yes, then today is your lucky day!

Joshua Barretto said:
This is not actually Super Mario 64: it's my attempt at rewriting SM64 for the GBA. I initially considered attempting a port, but the GBA is an order of magnitude slower than the N64 and has no GPU or native support for floating-point numbers.So far, I've implemented a basic physics and collision system, along with a fully 3D camera, rasterization, texture-mapping, transparency support, etc. Because the code is written from-scratch, I should be in a position to release the code into the public domain in the future: although I can't distribute it with Nintendo's assets, obviously.

Bullet Club

Banned
I'm sure a proper Mario-esque main character will be added eventually. He's probably got more important things to work on first though.

Bullet Club

Banned
bmbIdyV.png

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Holy shit, this is SO freaking cool. I would love to get my hands on this and see it on real hardware. I love inane projects like this.

Plus, that affine texture warping is just
Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
GBA was the best Nintendo handheld from that era over the gameboy and sp, which loses in form factor.

Top Bottom