• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia: 'PC far superior to next-gen consoles'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia insists players shouldn’t limit their decision between the PS4 and Xbox One when choosing their next gaming device.

The firm has launched its range of small form-factor PCs alongside Sony and Microsoft’s new machines. And Nvidia says players looking for the best games experience should opt for the PC instead.

“We are proposing small form-factor PCs to be a viable alternative to the next-gen consoles. Enthusiast players want the ultimate games system and that is the PC,” said Matt Wright, consumer sales manager at Nvidia.

“The PC platform is far superior to any console when it comes to gaming, plus you get all the extra functionality that a computer brings.”

Wright told MCV that Nvidia recognises the hesitance from players towards the ‘complex’ PC market. But he insists the manufacturer is working to break down the barriers between console and PC gaming.

“We want to make PC gaming as simple as possible and we think that it already becoming much more relevant and appealing to casual gamers,” said Wright.

And the GPU maker isn’t wrong. The latest digital data from UKIE found the PC to be the UK’s fastest growing platform.

He added: “Steam now has more users than Xbox Live. There is a whole new generation who grew up playing on PC with titles like Minecraft orWorld of Tanks. There’s a huge community who love playing their games on PC.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nvidia-pc-far-superior-to-next-gen-consoles/0125115

TheContact

I think that's pretty obvious but the reason people choose consoles is because of 1) playing style and 2) price. Some people don't like keyboard and mouse and prefer gaming on their couch with a controller, and also don't want to drop a grand on a gaming machine

Zushin

We know nvidia... we know. Isn't this like the 3rd time in as many months they have said something like this lol? We get the message.

I think that's pretty obvious but the reason people choose consoles is because of 1) playing style and 2) price. Some people don't like keyboard and mouse and prefer gaming on their couch with a controller, and also don't want to drop a grand on a gaming machine

And you can't do that with a PC?

Sendou

This statement would be worth something if Nvidia was involved with the next-generation of video game consoles. They are all about PC right now. That's why they aren't going to give us anything insightful regarding this comparision..

Even then I have to say they have a few good points on the PC.

GorillaJu

So long as consoles have first party developers like Sony's studios and Nintendo EAD, ther ewill always be a valid reason to own a console.

Did you miss all the news about the Steam Machines?

belmonkey

Would be nice if Nvidia had some better deals this BF, because AMD is looking pretty good with it's mid-range deals.

But yeah, a 7770 - 7790 (on the AMD side at least) might not be too far off in the case of a few multi-plats, and they aren't terribly strong.

A good GFX card alone costs about as much as a new console.

I have a great gaming desktop, but its not the same. Also: Japanese games.

Minsc

Gold Member
Groundhog's day is still three months away, nothing new here.

Edit: Actually it's two months away, but whatever, it's not today :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom