• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia’s market value has surpassed Amazon’s

tusharngf

THE CHIPMAKER BECOMES THE FOURTH MOST VALUABLE US-LISTED COMPANY
Nvidia’s market value surpassed Amazon’s on Monday for the first time in over 20 years.
nvidia-rtx-super-series-a-1024x683.jpg

According to Bloomberg, the world’s dominant designer and supplier of AI chips saw its shares rise as much as 2.9% today to hit a market capitalization of $1.83 trillion.

That put it ahead of Amazon’s $1.80 trillion, making it the fourth most valuable US-listed company behind Alphabet ($1.85 trillion), Apple ($2.9 trillion) and Microsoft ($3.11 trillion).

“Amazon was actually among the winners in the current earnings season as Amazon’s outlook is improving,” said Saxo Bank’s Peter Garnry. “Nvidia is just riding the first investment wave of the current AI boom with massive capital expenditures being deployed in data centers.”

Nvidia, which has added some $600 billion in market value this year alone, will report its quarterly earnings on February 21.

The company launched the GeForce RTX 40 Super Series of GPUs last month. The mid-gen refresh of its PC graphics cards starts at $599.

It was claimed last week that Nintendo‘s unannounced Switch successor will feature a custom Nvidia chip.

VGC reported last summer that development kits for ‘Switch 2’ were in the hands of key partner studios, with a launch expected in late 2024.

Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/chipmaker-nvidias-market-value-has-surpassed-amazons/

Bkdk

nvda is an interesting company, once the ai hype cools down and metaverse hype gains steam again nvda will be the center of that as well. Their products is backbone of quite a lot of big innovation narratives.

"the more you buy, the more you save!!!"

Nvidia has been riding the crypto and AI fad so I doubt this kind of growth is sustainable.

CGNoire

They are not, this is typical Wall Street stock craze. Amazon is infinitely better positioned.

Some people make millions, some buy a single graphic card for more shiny pixels.
Huh? I purchased the card before I invested. Wtf are you saying? Just because I didnt make Millions that makes me a fool now?

Do you understand the amount I would of had to have available to invest to make that much? Or do you just loathe those who place a premium on visuals?

Shut0wen

Well, eventually the growth will stop and their stock stabilize but I fully expect it to reach 2.5T or above 2T soon. Nvidia right now basically controls the AI hardware market.
Thing is growth like this isnt that good for something that has potional to be regulated to the high heavens in a decade or so

Shut0wen

They are not, this is typical Wall Street stock craze. Amazon is infinitely better positioned.

Some people make millions, some buy a single graphic card for more shiny pixels.
Pretty much, laughing my ass off on the people on this thread, nvidia will fall pretty hard and become the next Motorola

Last edited:

Hudo

for fuck's sake, man...

Edit: I am getting frustrated ever time I read the thread title.

Last edited:

hollams

Gold Member
I sold half my shares, right as it was exploding a couple of months ago, and got all my investment back so now it's all free money.

I got in before the spike. Anyone else?

There success basicly already payed for my 4090.
Yup, and it's paid off tremendously so far although I took on a ton of risk.

Still holding on, but the amount of unrealized gains is making me want to sell some shares.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
The whole AI thing seems massively overblown, and well this stock feels like a bubble price now.

Nvidia has intrinsic value of course, but I see no reason why they have more than Amazon.

Last edited:

Alan Wake

It took me a while to realize just how big they are. I thought I was supporting some kind of underdog when I bought the Nvidia Shield TV in 2015, lol. (In that particular market they kind of were/are, though.)

"the more you buy, the more you save!!!"

Nvidia has been riding the crypto and AI fad so I doubt this kind of growth is sustainable.
It’s only sustainable for as long as companies buy their chips to train and inference. Sustainability will depend on upgrade cycles and that will be based on how fast AI advances. More frequent advances in AI capability will require more powerful chips from Nvidia and AMD.

Basically, in 5-10 years we will reach singularity.

Nvidia passes Alphabet in market cap and is now the third most valuable U.S. company​

They have a long, long way to go until they can catch Microsoft and Apple

I need to lighten my load before earnings, my unrealized gains are increasingly hilarious

Top Bottom