• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK November 2013 Retail Top 50, plus platform top 10s

jvm

Gamasutra.
From the MCV UK digital edition.

Note 0: The period measured here is 27 October 2013 - 23 November 2013. It does not include the PS4 launch.

Note 1: We do not know for sure that the listing of platforms indicates ranking of sales.

Note 2: Xbox One sales include bundled titles (Forza 5, FIFA 14) which are digital, not discs. It is not known for sure if this is being done uniformly for all platforms.

Note 3: Wii U list published was pretty clearly Wii value software list. I can post it if you want, but it's wrong. :(

Note 4: The platform top 10s are for full-priced software. So value-priced software (like Minecraft) doesn't get listed there, I believe.

UK November 2013 Retail Top 50 All-Formats
  1. Call of Duty: Ghosts (XBO, PS4, 360,PS3, PC, WiiU)
  2. FIFA 14 (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, Wii, PSV, 3DS, PSP, PS2)
  3. Battlefield 4 (360, PS3, XBO, PC)
  4. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, PC, WiiU)
  5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3, 360)
  6. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, 3DS, WiiU, PSV, PC)
  7. Batman: Arkham Origins (360, PS3, PSV, PC, WiiU, 3DS)
  8. Football Manager 2014 (PC)
  9. WWE 2K14 (360, PS3)
  10. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (360)
  11. Skylanders: Swap Force (XBO, 360, Wii, PS3, WiiU, 3DS)
  12. Forza Motorsport 5 (XBO)
  13. Just Dance 2014 (XBO, 360, PS3, WiiU, Wii, PS4)
  14. Disney Infinity (360, Wii, PS3, WiiU, 3DS)
  15. Dead Rising 3 (XBO)
  16. Pokémon X (3DS)
  17. Pokémon Y (3DS)
  18. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (3DS)
  19. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
  20. Ryse: Son of Rome (XBO)
  21. Tomb Raider (360, PS3, PC)
  22. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, NDS, WiiU, PSV, PC)
  23. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
  24. Saints Row IV (360, PS3)
  25. F1 2013 (360, PS3, PC)
  26. Halo 4 (360)
  27. LEGO Lord of the Rings (360, PS3, NDS, Wii, 3DS, PSV, PC)
  28. Need for Speed: Rivals (XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
  29. Max Payne 3 (360, PS3, PC)
  30. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (360, PS3, WiiU, PC)
  31. Moshi Monsters: Katsuma Unleashed (NDS, 3DS)
  32. Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3, 360, PS2, PC, PSP)
  33. Angry Birds Star Wars (XBO, PS4, 360, 3DS, PS3, Wii, WiiU, PC, PSV)
  34. New Super Luigi U (WiiU)
  35. Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
  36. Rayman Legends (360, PS3, WiiU, PSV, PC)
  37. New Super Mario Bros. U (WiiU)
  38. Sonic: Lost World (3DS, WiiU)
  39. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS)
  40. Farming Simulator 2013 (360, PS3, PC)
  41. Assassin's Creed III (360, PS3, WiiU, PC)
  42. Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)
  43. The Last of Us (PS3)
  44. Need for Speed Most Wanted (360, PS3, WiiU, PSV, PC)
  45. NBA 2K14 (XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
  46. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
  47. Ratchet & Clank Nexus (PS3)
  48. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (360, 3DS, Wii)
  49. Rocksmith 2014 Edition (360, PS3, PC)
  50. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception GOTY (PS3)

UK November 2013 Retail Top 10 Xbox One
  1. FIFA 14
  2. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  3. Forza Motorsport 5
  4. Battlefield 4
  5. Dead Rising 3
  6. Ryse: Son of Rome
  7. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  8. Need for Speed: Rivals
  9. Zoo Tycoon
  10. NBA 2K14

UK November 2013 Retail Top 10 Xbox 360
  1. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  2. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  3. Battlefield 4
  4. FIFA 14
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  7. Batman: Arkham Origins
  8. WWE 2K14
  9. Skylanders: Swap Force
  10. Disney Infinity

UK November 2013 Retail Top 10 PS3
  1. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  2. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  3. Battlefield 4
  4. FIFA 14
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. Batman: Arkham Origins
  7. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  8. WWE 2K14
  9. Skylanders: Swap Force
  10. Beyond: Two Souls

UK November 2013 Retail Top 10 Wii
  1. Just Dance 2014
  2. Skylanders: Swap Force
  3. Disney Infinity
  4. Just Dance 4
  5. FIFA 14
  6. Mario Kart Wii
  7. Skylanders: Giants
  8. Wii Party
  9. Angry Birds Star Wars
  10. New Super Mario Bros. Wii

UK November 2013 Retail Top 10 3DS
  1. Pokémon X
  2. Pokémon Y
  3. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
  4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  5. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  6. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  7. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
  8. Luigi's Mansion 2
  9. Mario Kart 7
  10. LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins

UK November 2013 Retail Top 10 PSV
  1. Tearaway
  2. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  3. FIFA 14
  4. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
  5. Killzone: Mercenary
  6. LittleBigPlanet
  7. Assassin's Creed III Liberation
  8. Rayman Legends
  9. Need for Speed Most Wanted
  10. Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified

DodgerSan

Nice to see Tearaway up there for the Vita. Shame about Lego Marvel, as the Vita game is pretty awful. I wonder how many thought they were getting something like the console game?

Why is WWE so popular there? The only time there's a British guy is if he's like a 19th century wrestling explorer with a monocle or something.

Note 3: Wii U list published was pretty clearly Wii value software list. I can post it if you want, but it's wrong. :(

So even the trackers are having a hard time telling the two apart? Good Lord... :p

Seriously, though. Kinda sucks only having one of the two new consoles' launch weeks in each month.

ReaperXL7

Nice to see Tearaway up there for the Vita. Shame about Lego Marvel, as the Vita game is pretty awful. I wonder how many thought they were getting something like the console game?

I would think people buying the new game have likely purchased the others at some point (I would think Potter would have done well in the UK) so its entirely possible, and likely that they knew what they were getting.

Xilium

jvm said:
Note 1: We do not know for sure that the listing of platforms indicates ranking of sales.

I would imagine it does since the order changes between titles. At the very least, it isn't just an indicator of what platforms the game is available on. It's ranking something.

UberTag

Why is WWE so popular there? The only time there's a British guy is if he's like a 19th century wrestling explorer with a monocle or something.
Clearly the Brits are all big fans of this guy. He's one of their own. And he's got bad news to share with them.

Bad-News-Barrett-620x350.jpg

We're America-lite with most pop culture stuff.

Anyway, interesting list, although stupid me didn't read the part about the lack of PS4 launch titles and was wondering where Killzone at least was.

Rich!

We watch for the hilarious display of what we assume America is like.

In my mind, everywhere in America is like WWE and disputes are settled in the same fashion. Vince McMahon is President, not Obama, and is the greatest ever.

MLH

Looks like Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy sold really well especially since Miracle Mask sold quite below the previous titles.
It's disappointing to not see Bravely Default anywhere on the lists but I guess it has only just released...

Overall what a terrible list of uninspired games, nothing but yearly instalments of big titles.
The top selling Vita game didn't make it into the top 50 which is worrying, and the Last of us didn't make it into the top 10 PS3 but at least it was No. 43.
UK gamers need better taste, stop buying the same crap the big publishers put out every year; Try something new!

SmokyDave

Ah, this again.

Replace Fifa with Madden and that's the US list at a guess.
Nah, you don't get it man. Everywhere else is a constant cornucopia of wild and unshackled variety. Blockbuster franchises become blockbusters solely on the strength of their sales in the UK because we're the only place where the mainstream audience buy mainstream games.

GoaThief

The_British_Bulldog_-_David_Smith_031-238x300.jpg

Don't think the charts would look too different in other territories, just switch sports titles for whatever is most popular in each country.

SteveWD40

Nah, you don't get it man. Everywhere else is a constant cornucopia of wild and unshackled variety. Blockbuster franchises become blockbusters solely on the strength of their sales in the UK because we're the only place where the mainstream audience buy mainstream games.

But Dave, I thought our retail was dead? How can COD be so big on just our sales alone?

*watches people go 28 Days Later over the PS4*

...oh, must just be the WiiU then.

I'd take the Vita chart all day, every day.

It's a shame to see CoD on there though. Should be Dragon's Crown.

Don't get me wrong, I think my eyes have been opened. The Vita is a better system, and it's a shame that support flocked to the inferior hardware. Having said that, if tearaway has proved anything it's that the "gimmicky" NDS controls can greatly enhance a portable game. Ironically, Media Molecule seems to have created a better portable experience with touchscreens, gyros and cameras than Nintendo ever has.

Damn, Uncharted 3 still making it into that list exactly 2 years after release. TLOU also showing good legs. ND is a friggin' goldmine for sony. At the end of the day the only truly big franchises sony created this gen came from that studio. Sony created dozens of new IPs this gen and the fact that out of all those the 2 best selling come from the same studio is remarkable.

Anyway, yeah, would be nice to see new franchises shake things up on current gen systems, preferably not shooters, but that's probably not happening.

Wow... PS4 was second best selling SKU for the multiplats that released before the console was even available. The hunger is real.

Shocked at how mediocre Zelda 3DS seems to have done as well... that brand has fallen a long way with this coming off the heels of WW HD's poor performance.

SmokyDave

Don't get me wrong, I think my eyes have been opened. The Vita is a better system, and it's a shame that support flocked to the inferior hardware. Having said that, if tearaway has proved anything it's that the "gimmicky" NDS controls can greatly enhance a portable game. Ironically, Media Molecule seems to have created a better portable experience with touchscreens, gyros and cameras than Nintendo ever has.
Ah, I wasn't trying to convert you dude! Just sayin' I much prefer the Vita list. I also bought a Saturn and a CDi, so I wouldn't listen to me.

Tearaway was indeed great though.

That launched in December.

And won't be in next month's list either.

Jamie OD

A lot of WWE programming airs on Saturday and Sunday mornings over in UK & Ireland. It's almost a rite of passage over here for boys to be WWE fans at some point in their lives. It's been like this since the days of Hogan and Warrior. And even before that wrestling was popular in England with Big Daddy and his crew.

Top Bottom