• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Creative Writing Challenge #133 - "This is it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangent

Theme: This is it.
Elaboration: this is it.

Secondary: (1) "Wish List" or "Clean Slate" and/or (2) Write for someone very elderly.
Elaboration: (1) Just in time for the holidays and New Year! (2) How would that change your writing? If you decide to write to someone you know personally (whether alive or not), feel free to point out who it is. Also consider if the person has memory loss, or if they muse about different themes than we might -- unless you are elderly yourself. This will be hard for me. I don't know a lot of elderly people.

Word count: 2013 words, for this great year. (I was originally going to suggest 1400 again since I love these shorter submissions!)

Submission Deadline: Friday, December 27th, by 11:59 p.m. Pacific

Voting begins Saturday, December 28th, and goes until Monday, December 30th at 11:59 PM Pacific

Submission Guidelines:

- One entry per poster.
- All submissions must be written during the time of the challenge.
- Using the topic as the title of your piece is discouraged.
- Keep to the word count!

Voting Guidelines:

- Three votes per voter. Please denote in your voting your 1st (3 pts), 2nd (2 pts), and 3rd (1 pt) place votes.
- Please read all submissions before voting.
- You must vote in order to be eligible to win the challenge.
- When voting ends, the winner gets a collective pat on the back, and starts the new challenge.

NeoGAF Creative Writing Challenge FAQ
Previous Challenge Threads and Themes

Theme: This is it.
Elaboration: this is it.

Secondary: (1) "Wish List" or "Clean Slate" and/or (2) Write for someone very elderly.
Elaboration: (1) Just in time for the holidays and New Year! (2) How would that change your writing? If you decide to write to someone you know personally (whether alive or not), feel free to point out who it is. Also consider if the person has memory loss, or if they muse about different themes than we might -- unless you are elderly yourself. This will be hard for me. I don't know a lot of elderly people.

Word count: 2013 words, for this great year. (I was originally going to suggest 1400 again since I love these shorter submissions!)

I am intrigued by that secondary objective.

much edit
wow
such surprise
mod abuse

Cyan

Banned
The_Strokes_-_Ist_Tis_It_US_cover.png

Turns out the answer is yes.

Edited in the deadline, since I don't think Tangent intended it to be different than usual.

Nezumi

Hm, was hoping for a topic that would be a fit for the story idea I have roaming around in my head since last week, but this isn't it.

Got an idea for this but it'll take a few drafts to hit the right notes, I think. Haven't done proper drafts in so long I can't even remember.

This will probably throw exceptionally dark, if the scene playing out in my head is any indication.

Ourobolus

Banned
Finally got a new idea in my head that seems to satisfy the criteria. I'll try to at least make my story plausible this time.

Things are all a bit crazy with Christmas, so I will not be putting anything out.

But just wanted to say Merry Christmas to writing GAF! Been amazing to read the work of such talented people. As always it is both motivating and terrifying at the same time.

Nezumi

I'm not sure if I can submit something this time. I have an idea but it still needs some cooking. I'll try to write it when I come home on Friday but I don't know how much energy I'll have left after Christmas.
In any case I wish all of you guys and girls wonderful holidays!

Happy Holidays!
I'll be on a plane for the rest of my day, so if I don't sleep I'll probably get my submission written then.

*taps plastic*

Mike M

Nick N
Yes, yeeeeeeees. For each of you that falls, I only grow stronger!

I haven't written shit, but my initial idea has germinated so that I know what I want to do, at least.

Ashes

Banned
I seen what you posted. And it was good.

In other news, I don't have time to write, but beggars can't be choosers.

Sober

I thought I had something but it was already a whole bunch of nothing, but after mulling over it a bit there was actually less nothing to begin with than I had realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom