• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive: The Division will have a "full-fledged, optimized PC version"; not a port

In a recent Community Q&A with developer Massive, a user asked how the game “is going to look on PC?”

“As you know, Masssive has its roots in PC development,” the studio replied. “We are working hard and we want to make sure that we have a very high quality experience on PC. You can be sure that our PC version won’t be a port, but a full-fledged, optimized version! We want to create the best game possible regardless of what platform you play on.”
http://mp1st.com/2013/12/19/tom-cla...ll-fledged-optimized-pc-version/#.UrNuO2RDspA
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:152-122906-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Flai

Just like every other game "has" too. Let's just wait and see for ourselves before starting to praise Massive.

Nokterian

World in Conflict tells the truth. Now i do hope they hold on to there word and fyi this isn't ubi who does horrible and unoptimized games on pc.

xemumanic

Awesome ! Watch Dogs was similarly confirmed for PC, wasn't it? I have both next gen systems, but I wanted these two games for PC, despite the online aspect, which for me, would be better on the consoles because I have more people (read: my friends) to play with.

World in Conflict tells the truth. Now i do hope they hold on to there word and fyi this isn't ubi who does horrible and unoptimized games on pc.

World in Conflict was a great game.

But if I'm not mistaken it was also made before they were taken in by Ubisoft. Ultimately its nice that Massive wants to make a nice PC version of their game but its probably out of their control as to whether they'll be able to do that. And Ubisoft's track record isn't exactly great.

coldfoot

Banned
I thought this game was Watch Dogs. What's the difference between the two anyway? Both look like modern day Assassin's Creed.

Yonafunu

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

We'll see.

Dr Dogg

And Uplay exclusive. Yay!

If UbiSoft ever think of doing that this or any other game it will tank. What will they blame that on then? The bloody obvious of course.

Leks

I'm already worried about the fact they have to say that. Same old statement for every game until the release and the first complaints...

PR guy said:
We are working hard and we want to make sure that we have a very high quality experience on PC. You can be sure that our PC version won’t be a port, but a full-fledged, optimized version!

So basically it is a port and it will run like shit, be bugged to hell and back and it will probably be barely considered an Alpha build.

Aside from Destiny and The Witcher 3, The Division is my most anticipated game for next year. Really looking forward to what Massive is able to do with this IP. That being said I'm still cautiously optimistic, hopefully it works out great though.

As for the PC version I just hope they have seperate options for things like depth of field, film grain, motion blur and other minor features instead of just lumbing a bunch of features like that under one "Post-processing" function or having to dig through multiple configuration or .ini files just to disable one feature I don't like.

-Hawk

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I thought this game was Watch Dogs. What's the difference between the two anyway? Both look like modern day Assassin's Creed.

I agree with Watch Dogs looking like a freaking modern asscreed game but The Division on the other hand looks NOTHING like AC.

I_D

Their other games have run.... fairly well. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I hope it's a good port, because the Division is one of the most exciting games on the horizon.

Jedi2016

Yawn. Don't bother mentioning it, even if you actually plan to do it. Just do it and let that action speak for itself.

Still don't know whether or not to be excited for this game or to just lump it with the rest of the "current-era-derp" Tom Clancy games. Hopefully this game can change my perceptions.

Naminator

Banned

WAIT!

The Division is made by the same people who made World in Conflict?

OHHH MY GOD!

My HYPE for this game just went OVER 9000!

Smash88

Banned
Massive made some of my favourite games; World in Conflict and Ground Control II.

I really hope they still kept their core group of people, fantastic devs.

SparkTR

Hopefully they saw how well those PC 'survival' games like DayZ and Rust performed, and will try to tailor this version of the game to that platform. There's definitely market for this type of game on the PC, but you have to tailor the UI, controls and community tools for it or else it'll just wither on the platform like so many other console ports.

Midn1ght

A little off-topic but I have a question : Since Microsoft and Sony require a fee to play online, do publishers have to give away less % to them when they release an "online-only" game ? Do they get a share of this revenue ? How does that work ?

BigDug13

Could it be possible that cross-gen equals console port to PC, but fully PS4/XBO gen games are going to be built on PC as lead platform since the architectures are so similar?

Want to know a secret? All games this console generation will be developed on PC now that consoles are using x86 cpus.

SHHH DON'T TELL ANYONE

If I had a good port for every time a developer said that...

Especially Ubisoft. Bad ports and worse DRM are the only way they know how to do PC.

Like most next gen, development will be done on PC and ported to consoles most likely so...this is pretty standard. It will be optimized for higher end gpus, not targetted there like pretty much every other AAA game on PC...

Top Bottom