• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG's last hurrah...Who's in?

If you haven't heard, the game's servers are being shut down later this month on the 28th and it deserves a fitting send off.

Drop your usernames here and let's try and organize some games before the curtains close for the last time.

chalkitdown

is me. I'm with the Raven faction. But I can just create a new one for whatever faction is most popular amongst whoever wants to play, I don't really care.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Might want to post in the regular forums for more attention. If I'm not working I might be interested. I use to love playing with gaf when the game came out.

elfinke

Just fired this up today, for what must be the first time in several years. I remember I raced to 60 as SVER upon release, was practically unstoppable with a motion sensor+silenced weapon (whatever that awesome assault rifle was), and then, in a fit of silliness, I did that thing where you start over as another faction and swapped to Raven.

Around that same time (I apologise for the timeline errors I'm about to type), the first DLC was announced, which fractured the playerbase between the haves and havenots, and then Zipper changed the way levelling up worked, what with using points to buy items and all that, and they also changed the maps so that they were no longer faction specific in their attack and defence. It was around that time I stopped playing - Raven were fucked, with bad weapons and bad players, I don't buy DLC, and I didn't care for the changes to the player customisation.

In any event, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the best mode - the 64 player sabotage mode - was still quite active. I was able to find a game easily, and once I came to grips with the weird controls again, was on my way. I forgot how smooth the framerate in MAG could be, though it still fluctuates like mad, which I definitely remember!

Man, I fucking loved this game, my favourite online shooter since Q3, and easily my favourite console multiplayer shooter of last gen.

So, I'm definitely up for a last hurrah of some sort!

swecide

Banned
I'd love to be in but sadly I sold all my PS3 games a couple of months ago =/

MAG is easily my most played game on the PS3, it just jived with me in a great way. I haven't had that much multiplayer fun since Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. I spent so many hours in the beta and when retail finally hit I spent two days with SVER before moving on to Raven and finally made a permanent stay with Valor. Then I guess I got burnt out on it, didn't touch the game until the 2.0 patch hit and I was sucked into it again. Never jumped on the DLC train either.

Top Bottom