• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter expects Titanfall to sell between 6-10 million units

As far as Pachter can tell, Titanfall is poised to sell between 6-10 million based on critical reception. He thinks the title will end up with no less than an 80 Metacritic score, which would land it at the low end of his projection. If the title soars into the 90′s, it’s likely we’ll see near 10 million in sales. His exact quote:

"My best guess is 6 – 10 million units, depending upon the game review scores. If it gets above a 90, it will likely be at the high end of that range, below an 80, at the low end."

Furthermore, Pachter is confident that EA is expecting sales in that range.
Via: http://www.igameresponsibly.com/201...all-sales-and-eas-expectations-for-the-title/

Dragon

Banned
I wonder what the platform split is for EA. Because certainly Xbox One is only going to have about 4 or 5 million consoles total by the time of release.

It's on 3 different platforms, is getting a AAA marketing budget, and is doing a few fresh things in the FPS space?

Yea, 6-10 seems doable.

suedester

Banned
With no single player and only releasing on Microsoft consoles (and PC!) i think it will struggle to hit the upper region of that scale unless it is REALLY good. Will we ever find out what was paid for exclusivity?

PBY

Banned
MS is gonna push this like it's the next coming.

Lowkey super hyped tho, really happy I was gifted a bone to play it on.

I think he's kidding himself. Maybe eventually the series will get there, but it has two things going against it: it's console-exclusive to the One (which is itself relatively new), and it's a brand-new IP.

Just because hardcore gamers know who the Respawn guys are, that doesn't mean it'll translate into immediate sales. Sure, over time it could get amazing word of mouth and a multi-plat sequel could get there. I just don't think it'll do it on the first go.

Darksol

Unless this game is revolutionary or attains cult like status, I think 4-5 million is more likely. If it's a really great game, scores well, sells around 4-5 million and then follow up with Titanfall 2 then yes, I could see 6-10+ million.

I guess we'll find out soon enough though.

zlatko

Banned
Sounds a bit much imo.

The game looks cool, but I don't feel it'll be the next big thing.

If reviews hold up though I may mess with the PC version from a Steam sale.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Could have been so much more had it not been exclusive, fuck MS for that shit.

Yeah fuck them for paying money to make their system successful so that the millions of people who spent 500 bucks on the thing are ensured a healthy stream of high quality content. How dare they!

I think he's kidding himself. Maybe eventually the series will get there, but it has two things going against it: it's console-exclusive to the One (which is itself relatively new), and it's a brand-new IP.

Just because hardcore gamers know who the Respawn guys are, that doesn't mean it'll translate into immediate sales. Sure, over time it could get amazing word of mouth and a multi-plat sequel could get there. I just don't think it'll do it on the first go.

It's only Xbox exclusive for consoles. Three platforms could certainly get it to 10 million if the game is good enough and hyped enough. I don't think it'll sell that many, but it's possible.

andycapps

So he's counting on probably 80% of that number being on 360, which isn't being developed by Respawn or being talked about.

rokkerkory

Sounds about right for aggregate... that's really good even if they hit the bottom end of 6m units.

I fully expect 360 version to carry the load with PC/X1 both similar #s.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
This is hard to believe but then again it is spread out around 3 platforms. We shall see.

Yeah fuck them for paying money to make their system successful so that the millions of people who spent 500 bucks on the thing are ensured a healthy stream of high quality content. How dare they!

What they actually paid for was denying a competing platform that content.

Top Bottom