• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

English Monster Monpiece screenshots popped up on Idea Factory International's site

Takao

Banned
i guess this is getting localized

http://www.ideafintl.com/games/nepv_monster_monp.php

God's hammer struck twice, punishing the of world of Yafaniel below...
In the world of Yafaniel, humans and an unusual species called “monster girls” coexist.

May Esperio, an Academy student from Kunaguva, is training hard to become a "master" of monster girls with her best friends, Elza and Karen.

However, after an encounter with a mysterious stranger, Elza became “Lost”, a victim of a strange affliction that plagues both humans and monster girls.

Elza and the monster girls in her service have begun stealing the Magus Quartzes that are held in each of Yafaniel's major cities.

May decides to travel the world pursuing Elza in an attempt to cure her. However, May knows that if she fails to save Elza, the whole world may be destroyed!

in1Z6kX.jpg

dGjuER5.jpg

JGDyTY3.jpg

LsegN3W.jpg

obligatory:

wubqgDJ.gif

edit: It has received a PEGI rating of 12:
http://www.pegi.info/en/index/globa...ms=PSV&countries=&submit=Search#searchresults

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
*fapping intensifies*

No, seriously, this localised? :lol

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Man i really hope so! I really want a card battle game!(where's my yougioh tag force game for Vita? :mad: )

RMI

Banned
Oh my.

I heard the card game stuff was actually pretty solid. May buy.

The card game stuff is pretty solid, mechanically at least. Had no idea what's going on in the story, but it looks okay. This would be a good competitive game, but I don't know how much online play it will see. The AI was extremely poor in the amount that I played, so I didn't find the campaign to be that much fun. Maybe I didn't get far enough, but I didn't think it was going to start getting better.

Collecting the cards is the best part, though you may be sad to hear that the reuse the card art (without color swaps even) for Upgraded versions of the same cards. Each card does have three evolutions though, which are unlocked through the rubbing game, each in varying states of undress so at least there's that.

The rubbing game is as ridiculous if not more than it looks. You don't have to stroke off the whole Vita like in those GIFs/videos. That doesn't even really work. Mostly you just rub or tap specific *ahem* parts of the card art to fill a meter and evolve the card.

I'm not going to say I regret importing this game. Just... don't get too excited.

I did a writeup of the basic mechanics on my site a while back if anyone is interested:

http://gaijindensetsu.com/monster-monpiece-a-primer/

CrovaxPSO

I imported this when it came out in Japan, I'd likely buy an English release just to support localization of games like it.

ohlawd

Fuck. I'll buy it. Release date when.

Do I want to know how the card system works?

"I sacrifice my Blonde Loli, Mistress of Light to bring forth my ultimate maiden, Armor Queen Tsundere, Harbinger of Lust in attack mode! Next, I play my magic card Dominatrix Boost Supreme to bring her attack points to 3500.

Now, Tsundere, attack with Lustful Whip! Guarantee my victory as we move on to the finals of the Masturbattle Tournament!"

mankoto

Holy crap, I remember asking for the game when IF opened up their forums. I remember getting the typical PR response, but I didn't think they'd seriously look into it. Will certainly buy.

My Vita purchase has continued to be a great one. I bought it expecting it to be a Monster Hunter machine, but what I got was something so much more.

Clov

Who the hell is localizing this? Is it Idea Factory themselves, or was someone a brave enough publisher to take this on?

Who the hell is localizing this? Is it Idea Factory themselves, or was someone a brave enough publisher to take this on?
I'm assuming this is what Idea Factory International has been working on all this time. After all, there's literally no point in forming a new subsidiary in another continent just to run what amounts to an official fansite.

Tohsaka

They must have censored the hell out of it to get that rating. The original JP game was CERO D (17+) and had some really lewd stuff in it.

I read that the rubbing mini-game was pretty much the extent of the lewd stuff, and that it's only used to power up the cards.

Shoyz

The absolute last game I'd ever expect to see localized.

I played it (although I couldn't read any of the card descriptions/effects) and it wasn't very fun. It was kind of a relief to finish it, most of the trophies are online multiplayer, and the rare cards would take an ungodly amount of time to unlock. Like hundreds of packs for a rare card.

fek

Already beat the japanese version and will buy again. Fun game and the story is actually quite serious, personally I bought it just to rub monster girls and was surprised with the last two chapters.

Top Bottom