• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone here who bought an EVGA key

maneil99

Edit : I meant EVGA Card, fuck.

I have a few complaints with EVGA ( 780 GTX Ti Releases 92 days after step up making me ineligible, early adopter not getting in on free game deals) but I think alot of people have overlooked some truly awesome deals.

I was only eligible to get the one game I already had, Rise of the Triad, therefor there is a giveaway for it here. I suggest even if you don't want the game or already have it to atleast get the code.

Anyways check out the deals below, should only take 1-2 days for your respective steam keys.

If anyone here recently bought an EVGA Card you might want to check this out as your card also comes with a free copy of PainKiller, DeadFall and Rise of the Triad

GrizzNKev

Banned
I almost always buy EVGA cards. They have the sleekest looking coolers and avoid the awful "sexy girl" designs that plagued the market in the early-mid 2000's.

Kade

I sent them a video card that stopped working after juice spilled on my tower and they sent me another one. They own.

maneil99

I sent them a video card that stopped working after juice spilled on my tower and they sent me another one. They own.

Yea the supports really good, they cover overclocking and now they have dual bios allowing custom bios

I bought this in December.
pressshot.jpg

Tis a marvelous card, although I'm considering contacting the EVGA to get a replacement due to the coil whine. It's not *that* bad, but it's there.

My previous 680 classified also did it, but eventually quietened down.

Generally, since going with them the first time round with my 580, I've stuck with em. They're great.

I have never ever had any problems with EVGA and they have always sent me replacement parts when they break (and this has happened in a variety of cases for some strange reasons). Their customer and technical support are also a joy to just shoot the shit with over the phone.

Sorry to hear though that the step up date was 2 days later though.

maneil99

I bought this in December.
pressshot.jpg

Tis a marvelous card, although I'm considering contacting the EVGA to get a replacement due to the coil whine. It's not *that* bad, but it's there.

My previous 680 classified also did it, but eventually quietened down.

Generally, since going with them the first time round with my 580, I've stuck with em. They're great.

Check to PSU, i thought it was my 680 SC but after upgrading to a 780 i found it was the PSU

DrPreston

That big free game promotion last year was being run by Nvidia in cooperation with various retailers (Amazon, Newegg, etc.). EVGA had nothing to do with your card's eligibility.

Also, early adopters always get burned on these types of promotions. These deals exist exclusively to lure in new customers who weren't willing to shell out full price for the products months after they launched. Clearly that EVGA was worth paying full price for to you.

Either learn to be patient, or learn to relish the fact that you were enjoying a fancy high end GPU months before most other people started buying them.

maneil99

That big free game promotion last year was being run by Nvidia in cooperation with various retailers (Amazon, Newegg, etc.). EVGA had nothing to do with your card's eligibility.

Also, early adopters always get burned on these types of promotions. These deals exist exclusively to lure in new customers who weren't willing to shell out full price for the products months after they launched. Clearly that EVGA was worth paying full price for to you.

Either learn to be patient, or learn to relish the fact that you were enjoying a fancy high end GPU months before most other people started buying them.

I'm not complaining, and none of these games you can get from other sites, these require EVGA, read the post before assuming I'm talking about AC4 ect...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
The card before my last 2 were EVGA. For the past two I've went with Asus and I've been pretty happy with them.

maneil99

The card before my last 2 were EVGA. For the past two I've went with Asus and I've been pretty happy with them.

Yea, Asus is really good, I have an Asus motherboard and got inside tips from one of the makers of the board about some specs while overclocking it

I was only eligible to get the one game I already had, Rise of the Triad, therefor there is a giveaway for it here. I suggest even if you don't want the game or already have it to atleast get the code.

It was nice of you to give away the game, but you probably should've made the timer longer than 15 minutes. I read this thread at 6:52, with barely two or three replies, and it was already two minutes too late.

maneil99

It was nice of you to give away the game, but you probably should've made the timer longer than 15 minutes. I read this thread at 6:52, with barely two or three replies, and it was already two minutes too late.

Yea I fucked up, I'm going to try to get another to giveaway

Top Bottom