• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deep Down releasing "after summer"; Beta delayed

viveks86

Looks like development will take a little longer, as revealed by Producer Kazunori Sugiura in a group interview on Dengeki Online.

About Deep Down, I think we’ll give full fledged information to everyone after the summer, so you may have to wait for a little while beyond the launch [of PS4] on February 22nd.

Since we don’t want to risk to be told “This could have been done on PS3!”, we want to finish a game that fully uses the PS4 hardware specs.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/07/deep-down-delayed-after-the-summer-will-use-the-ps4s-full-power-wont-be-a-game-that-could-be-on-ps3/

They must be referring to Japanese summer (June, July, August). Looks like a longer wait than expected, folks!

The beta was planned around Japanese launch. No idea how far that has been pushed.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Baaaah fuckers.

Had best be re-tooling the entire thing and going to square one because it's turning into Dragon's Dogma 2.

Otherwise BOO

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Man, after March, there isn't shit for these next gen consoles until September. Hope they hit the Summer. Would be a good exposure since NOTHING is coming for a long time.

DJIzana

Man, after March, there isn't shit for these next gen consoles until September. Hope they hit the Summer. Would be a good exposure since NOTHING is coming for a long time.

Yep... I was thinking the exact same thing. It's a good thing I have my Vita, 3DS and Wii U to tide me over though.

Wonder why so many titles keep getting delayed and why we have little to no information for games after March?

imagine everything coming out at winter? Capcom could have given us the game and update as they go along

What? I'm getting so sick of early access bullcrap. You get 1/2 a game and get bored, wait a year then get to play the full game but by then who cares. What happened to getting a new, finished, not beta at release?

I welcome the delay.

jond76

Banned
Geez. Capcom needs to get their shit together.

Edit: Jesus. Like I kicked a grandmother or something. Its just disheartening to see all these delays. Thats all.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Geez. Sony needs to get their shit together. Terrible start for them.
Capcom. Lord have mercy... CAPCOM. I was looking forward to this. They better be making it look amazing. Running at 720p I expect that Volumetric Fire.

Sakura

As expected of new consoles. Lots of post-launch games getting pushed back and then you end up with months of drought.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
anigif_original-grid-image-24526-1380384432-3.gif

KoopaTheCasual

Geez. Sony needs to get their shit together. Terrible start for them.
facepalming so hard right now.

hopefully Capcom gets their shit together. Having the beta around Japan launch would have been great for awareness of this game, and would have kept a lot of gamers busy during the summer drought. Huge missed opportunity.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Makes sense. Game kept looking worse and worse with each new press release
It's only been shown like... Once. At TGS. Everything after has been screens
No, but still, delays, delays, delays...
Oh my god. It's really easy for you to get out of this. Just say Capcom instead if Sony. Just edit your post and say "wrong company, whoops". Cause this isn't gonna end well otherwise.

I wanted to play the Beta because I like to think they wouldn't have the audacity to charge during it.

both xbone and ps4 have nothing worth playing until the fall aside from one game (titanfall and infamous)

next gen consoles always seem like a waste until a year in. the floodgates shall open at e3.

kairu

Hopefully they are able to copy as much as possible from Dark Souls. From what I've seen the combat needed some work.

jond76

Banned
It's only been shown like... Once. At TGS. Everything after has been screens
Oh my god. It's really easy for you to get out of this. Just say Capcom instead if Sony. Just edit your post and say "wrong company, whoops". Cause this isn't gonna end well otherwise.

I wanted to play the Beta because I like to think they wouldn't have the audacity to charge during it.

Edited before your post. Good lord.

viveks86

I thought he edited it before your post! #ManDownDoNotKick ;)

Why people moaning about delays?

I'd rather a game is delayed rather than rushed. Developers can't seem to win. People bitch when they delay and when they rush out a product.

Since we don’t want to risk to be told “This could have been done on PS3!”, we want to finish a game that fully uses the PS4 hardware specs.

Anybody who thinks this game could be done on PS3 knows absolutely nothing about real time lighting or physics.

Its whatever though, improvements could be made to the games visuals so this is good news.

_hekk05

Banned
Anybody who thinks this game could be done on PS3 knows absolutely nothing about real time lighting or physics.

Its whatever though, improvements could be made to the games visuals so this is good news.

In my mind, all of the delays have been caused by Naughty Dog's ICE team releasing new tools and programming tips for the PS4, such that all of a sudden, teams have to retool their codes to hit previously unattainable targets.

I can dream.

Top Bottom