• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Ninja will exploit PS4 GPGPU for Soft Body Physics

mmmm soft body physics
Dengeki Online, the website of the renown Japanese magazine, published a roundtable interview with some of the most important Japanese game developers. The focus of the questions was obviously PlayStation 4, which will launch in the land of the Rising Sun on 22th February. Among all of it, we found a particularly interesting piece of information coming from Yohei Shimbori, Director of Team Ninja inside Tecmo Koei Games.

The fourth question by Dengeki asked developers “What part of PlayStation 4 they wanted to challenge?”, and Yohei answered with the following statement:

I would like to achieve a cutting edge representation of soft body physics by taking full advantage of GPGPU. Right now, even if we try it tends to become unrealistic, ignoring the law of conservation of mass, but I would like to take it to a level where the warmth of the human skin is correctly shown. It is a thing that you want to pursue particularly with a fighting game, where flesh collides and blows connect. This is my personal obsession (laughs).

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/02/09/doa-dev-wants-exploit-ps4-gpgpu-soft-body-physics

Team Ninja are making a PS4 game http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=764945

Eggbok

Can't wait for those Sixaxis wiggle physics.

ieA4ohAtNIDvL.gif

titays!

much more interested in belly flab though. imagine beating up randoms in GTA with flabby bellies. or cushioning yourself by actually rolling in your own fat! that is the real next gen.

particularly with a fighting game, where flesh collides and blows connect. This is my personal obsession (laughs).

Oh I'm sure that is the particular aspect you are obsessed with lol. Just say it's for the boobs.

I just thought if they can pull this off, imagine if a Fist of the North star game used this? Imagine the physics of Heart's belly when Kenshiro attacks him for instance.

Top Bottom