• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Black Widow solo film coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...explored-in-avengers-2-and-possible-solo-film

Kevin Feige said:
“We start filming the next Avengers film at the end of March,” Feige told the magazine, “[Black] Widow's part in that is very big. We learn more about her past and learn more about where she came from and how she became in that film. The notion of exploring that even further in her own film would be great, and we have some development work with that."

What tone would that film strike? Captain America's doing the political thriller (conspiracies and what not). I assume a Black Widow flick would go further into that direction, black ops, espionage, stuff like that.

Also, what would ScarJo's hair look like in that one?

scarlett-johansson-600x450.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
if there is one studio that could do a female led super hero flick right... Marvel/Disney will be on it.

XAL

I don't think Marvel would do a solo Black Widow movie.

But if they did a straight up espionage flick of her taking down modern Hydra (or some shit) with some strong support characters would be dope.

antonz

I can't see it. I mean she has had some decent comics but she's always been more of a team up character hence why she was pushed into Cap 2.

I'd be sold. ScarJo is a fantastic actress, and I've felt for awhile that she's been underutilized as Black Widow - hopefully this comes to fruition. Her opening sequence in Avengers makes me imagine a very cool spy action film.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I liked her Iron Man 2 costume and hair. I just wish the curls were slightly toned down.

Her Cap 2 hair is just dreadful.

LaNaranja

She was perfect in the Avengers. They should have kept the hair like that :/

Anyway more Scarlett Johansson is NEVER a bad thing. I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

First hair is best hair.

Also, I really hope this works out. I'd love to see more of her backstory, and it wouldn't hurt to have more female characters in superhero franchises. Right now she seems as sort of a half-member of The Avengers, along with Hawkeye. I'd be excited to see her character get more fleshed out. Plus a successful superhero movie with a female lead would dispel a lot of preconceived notions people have about the idea.

Cipherr

I don't like her in the action scenes though. Athletically she doesn't seem all that convincing. I literally laughed at the way she was holding her gun in some of the Avengers scenes. It looked so awkward. I'm all for a BW movie, I just don't really like the casting of Scarjo on this one.

sn00zer

She doesnt really have any super powers....kinda feel the same way about Cap America....at some point youre just making an action movie.....wouldnt mind another female super hero though

She was perfect in the Avengers. They should have kept the hair like that :/

Anyway more Scarlett Johansson is NEVER a bad thing. I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

I'm not a fan of her 'acting' in IM2/Avengers. I know she's a super badass awesome assassin spy... but she kinda lacks charisma.

I mean, see a spark occasionally, but I still haven't warmed up to ScarJo. Maybe it's the hair. It always looks weird. Which is weird, cause her regular hair looks good.

Toxi

Banned
She was pretty great in The Avengers, and that's after I hated her parts in Iron Man 2.

I'd be up for a movie with more of that stuff.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Black Widow/Hawkeye film if we got cool, collected Natasha like in Edmondson's current run and Human Trainwreck Clint like in Fraction's current run.

tumblr_mmbpu3qGFF1rcp7bmo1_500.jpg

Like, a hilariously depressing spy buddy thriller.

Old Lace

I've always thought that they should've used a lower profile actor for Hawkeye (and maybe Black Widow too). Then they could have them join Agents of Shield.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I like Scarlett but she tends to "mail in" unchallening roles. That's what made RDJ so great, he doesn't care if he's in a superhero movie, he gives it 100% all the time, and not all actors are wired that way.

Spinluck

I'm all for a solo movie.

But I don't want her taking up too much screen time in Avengers 2. The amount she had in the first one was fine, let it be about the same.. this sounds worrisome with the back story crap.

Welp, this bums me out. She was one of the worst parts of The Avengers. Hawkeye as well. I was kind of hoping she'd kick the bucket right as Avengers 2 started.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wouldn't mind seeing a Black Widow/Hawkeye film if we got cool, collected Natasha like in Edmondson's current run and Human Trainwreck Clint like in Fraction's current run.

tumblr_mmbpu3qGFF1rcp7bmo1_500.jpg

Like, a hilariously depressing spy buddy thriller.
They humoured this idea pre-Avengers, too. Didn't go very far (obviously).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom