• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa 2: Goodbye Despair being localized! (slated for Fall)

DANGANRONPA2_logo_CLEAN-610x231.png

Source

Whoops. Title says "Bring" instead of "Being" My fault, the hype got me xD

IGN said:
Good news, Vita fans! If you’ve gotten your hands on PS Vita’s Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc this week – or have it on your radar – you’ll be pleased to know that NIS is bringing its sequel to North America and Europe.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair will launch in both North America and Europe this fall. It will be available both at retail and digitally, and comes by way of Spike Chunsoft, the developer of the original Danganronpa and the studio behind a stunningly similar (and popular) title, Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward.

EDIT: More Info

mtLWIGf.png

Press Release
NISA said:
NIS America is excited to announce that Danganronpa™ 2: Goodbye Despair, the sequel to the highly popular mystery adventure game Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, will be making its way to the PlayStation®Vita in North America and Europe this fall in both retail and digital form. As in the first game, players will take on the role of a high school student as they are thrust into a life-or-death situation, and must use their wits and teamwork to survive. Each student was chosen for a special ability they possess, making them the “ultimate” example of something. Characters in this title are also designed by Rui Komatsuzaki for a unique and darker take on the anime style.

About the game:
Jabberwock Island – once a popular tourist destination, this now uninhabited island remains oddly pristine. You and your classmates at the elite Hope's Peak Academy have been brought to this island by your super-cute teacher for a “lovey-dovey, heart-throbbing school trip.” Everyone seems to be having fun in the sun...until Monokuma returns to restart his murderous game! Trapped on this island of mutual killing, your only hope of escape rests in solving the island’s mysteries. But be warned—sometimes the truth can be its own despair...

Key features:
Deadly Island Vibes: Murder is the only means of escape when you’re trapped on this island paradise. As your fellow classmates start dropping like coconuts, you’ll need to delve into each murderous incident, forage for clues, and interview your classmates to reveal the opportunity, motive, and means behind each killer case!
Tribal Council: You’ll go head-to-head in all new minigames with the other students during the Class Trial, shooting down their false truths and using your evidence to uncover what really happened. But watch out! If a student is unconvinced, they'll challenge you to a one-on-one Rebuttal Showdown and force you to defend your argument!
Survival of the Keenest: Match up your evidence with your fellow classmates’ arguments and determine who’s really telling the truth. Once you’ve got a suspect in your sights, turn up that tropical heat in a variety of timing- and reflex-based game systems to reveal the ultimate truth.

I'd also like to point out that in the info section, it states both English & Japanese under audio, so it's safe to assume it'll be dual voiced as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeeeeeees, & so close to the first game's release date! Cannot wait to continue the original so I can get this.

jwk94

So what exactly is Danganronpa? I see a lot of people talking about it but I don't quite understand it. Is it like VLR or Persona?

FluxWaveZ

It's pretty great that both games in the series are getting localized this year.

I'm having so much fun with Danganronpa and apparently the sequel is better, so I can't wait.

So what exactly is Danganronpa? I see a lot of people talking about it but I don't quite understand it. Is it like VLR or Persona?

Ace Attorney meets Zero Escape and Battle Royale kinda meets Persona 3/4. Pretty apt and accurate, if reductive, description.

Really excited to see this, and this year? Man, that's awesome!

Wonder if they'll do another LE... I'll probably pre-order it Day One, without a doubt!

GSR

And there it is!

Really glad to see the sequel get such a quick release. I've said it before, but I think it's a much better game than the original, and I'm looking forward to folks getting to experience it in English.

Thoraxes

Oh shit confirmed and way sooner than expected!

:D

I'm glad there's finally two Vita games for me to look forward to. I had zero upcoming releases I wanted to buy for the thing till these announcements.

Bullza2o

So is this game as good as the original? I'm a little hesitant to buy the original because I felt like I've been spoiled too much from watching 8 episodes of the anime, but this sequel I don't know anything about at all.

This was a given guys.....but it’s excellent to have it confirmed (and so soon too) and I haven’t even started the first one yet!

I hope this series will fill my broken heart a little bit and make me temporarily forget about the news about Zero Escape 3. : (

Sooooooo why did they drop the "Super" from the title?

Anyways, time for Ultimate Gamer waifu hell yeah
Nanami_%2814%29.png

Also
22_02.jpg

MENTAL LOGIC SNOWBOARDING FUCK YEAH

Soul4ger

It feels really great to be a Vita owner, and to see all the games I want localized GET localized. Just sayin'.

Thanks NISA (and Aksys and XSeed and Atlus and...)!

Arelaz

I'm happy this is soon!

Feel kinda bad for PZ though. I actually prefer their translation, but..

Also, I guess it's something to cheer us up after the earlier despair.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To quote a Twitter feed, "Teresawa, producer of Danganronpa is thanking NIS for releasing his title." & said that "It was wonderful seeing his game on GameStop shelves" along with the fact he "loves the ratings on metacritic (currently ~85%)"

I was having an absolutely wretched day, so this does a lot to make me feel better.

I'm so glad they did this so quickly, it shows a lot of faith in the series and for visual novels in North America. Kudos to NISA. (The fact it's slated for fall is really awesome.) You here that Spike Chunsoft? We do want more quality VNs, and you can start with Zero Escape Vol. 3 after this!

Also, I was totally right because of stuff. :3

This gif. <3

cj_iwakura

I'm happy this is soon!

Feel kinda bad for PZ though. I actually prefer their translation, but..

Also, I guess it's something to cheer us up after the earlier despair.

PZ are ecstatic, I'm sure. They wanted this to get an official release so people could support the devs.

CrazyDude

So is this game as good as the original? I'm a little hesitant to buy the original because I felt like I've been spoiled too much from watching 8 episodes of the anime, but this sequel I don't know anything about at all.

It's better then the original.

NISA staff members after seeing the pre-order numbers for DR1:
uJ3NZrY.gif

Seriously, that game must have blown some estimates out of the water for the sequel to get greenlit for rapid release.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Fantastic news. I actually just finished playing the PSP version in Japanese just a few days ago and I came away loving it even more than the first game. Just a very confidently written game that superbly builds upon an already fantastic foundation to provide a hell of an experience. Definitely one of the best written games I've played in Japanese in a very long time and I'm excited to see how all of its unique brand of quirks and nuances are brought over in English. Get excited!

Top Bottom