• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa 2: Goodbye Despair being localized! (slated for Fall)

chrono01

This is incredible news. I kind of expected it, but it's nice to see it announced officially.

I'll be picking this one up, as well as Fairy Fencer F [the Limited Edition, if offered].

Labrys

this game. is so good. i'm so excited for it to be coming over.

and i'll finally be able to do the parts i had to skim over due to the translation i am so thrilled

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
uJ3NZrY.gif

NISA can take all my money.

I...I... suddenly want to touch myself lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hope this means the first sold well
It seems pre-orders at the very least did quite well, seeing as the LE sold out within a few weeks & the standard edition even ran out of stock. Probably helped that reviews have been quite well to the point the producer of the series was pleased with the Metacritic score of about 82% at the moment.

Maybe you are.

Tehe. Just kidding.
Are you psychic?

FluxWaveZ

not the same because the 3DS sells shitloads more than the Vita, why wouldn't you want to put your game on the superior selling handheld.

Er, then we have to wonder why any game is exclusive to a platform in any circumstance, right?

If it bothers you that much, get a Vita.

not the same because the 3DS sells shitloads more than the Vita, why wouldn't you want to put your game on the superior selling handheld.

Well, Spike-Chunsoft said it themselves when asked why they shipped more copies of Conception 2 in Japan for the Vita than the 3DS. "Our audience is on the Vita"

Another example, Persona 4 Golden on the Vita supposedly outsold every SMT game on the 3DS and the original Persona 4 on PS2. Vita owners buy games like motherfuckers... Like, all games, even niche ones.

Velcro Fly

2014 is the year of the Vita it seems, even if VNs aren't exactly my cup of tea. Glad for everyone that is enjoying the first game.

Eusis

now this is an answer, thank you

however im not getting a vita for one series. oh well
Worth looking into if other stuff actually interests you. If something like this interests you then there's probably at least a few other games worth checking out.

Dugna

Noticed this said EU also so nothing to worry about on their side either, hopefully with high downloads they can bring over a physical version to EU.

xXDGFXx

Neo Member
I am in the middle of playing Toukiden, but I should really beat the game again before the sequel o_o

Can't wait. Been wanting to play the sequel for a long time since I beat the PSP version of Dangaronpa.

Noticed this said EU also so nothing to worry about on their side either, hopefully with high downloads they can bring over a physical version to EU.

...this is NISA we're talking about. There's a physical version of Danganronpa 1, it's probably a safe bet that there's going to be a physical version of Danganronpa 2.

Vamphuntr

Nice! Seems like they got rid of "Trigger Happy Reload". They also shortened the title to Goodbye Despair instead of Goodbye Academy of Despair.

I really hope Spike Chunsoft is taking notice of the buzz following this, and in tandem, the Zero Escape series, in North America. They now have two IPs that are critically acclaimed, and both with ardent fan bases. The cross over between the two is quite palpable, so they should take this into account when weighing their options for Zero Escape Vol. 3.

I know that ZE does well in North America compared to Japan, so perhaps they should be giving that fact more sway when they are gauging the future of the series.

Yasumi

Banned
I really hope Spike Chunsoft is taking notice of the buzz following this, and in tandem, the Zero Escape series, in North America. They now have two IPs that are critically acclaimed, and both with ardent fan bases. The cross over between the two is quite palpable, so they should take this into account when weighing their options for Zero Escape Vol. 3.

I know that ZE does well in North America compared to Japan, so perhaps they should be giving that fact more sway when they are gauging the future of the series.

You know what that means?

Sigma goes to the desert testing site.
Upupupupupu~

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wow, sooner than expected. Good. Haven't played the first one yet, but I'm pretty confident I'm going to love this series.

mtLWIGf.png

Press Release
NISA said:
NIS America is excited to announce that Danganronpa™ 2: Goodbye Despair, the sequel to the highly popular mystery adventure game Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, will be making its way to the PlayStation®Vita in North America and Europe this fall in both retail and digital form. As in the first game, players will take on the role of a high school student as they are thrust into a life-or-death situation, and must use their wits and teamwork to survive. Each student was chosen for a special ability they possess, making them the “ultimate” example of something. Characters in this title are also designed by Rui Komatsuzaki for a unique and darker take on the anime style.

About the game:
Jabberwock Island – once a popular tourist destination, this now uninhabited island remains oddly pristine. You and your classmates at the elite Hope's Peak Academy have been brought to this island by your super-cute teacher for a “lovey-dovey, heart-throbbing school trip.” Everyone seems to be having fun in the sun...until Monokuma returns to restart his murderous game! Trapped on this island of mutual killing, your only hope of escape rests in solving the island’s mysteries. But be warned—sometimes the truth can be its own despair...

Key features:
Deadly Island Vibes: Murder is the only means of escape when you’re trapped on this island paradise. As your fellow classmates start dropping like coconuts, you’ll need to delve into each murderous incident, forage for clues, and interview your classmates to reveal the opportunity, motive, and means behind each killer case!
Tribal Council: You’ll go head-to-head in all new minigames with the other students during the Class Trial, shooting down their false truths and using your evidence to uncover what really happened. But watch out! If a student is unconvinced, they'll challenge you to a one-on-one Rebuttal Showdown and force you to defend your argument!
Survival of the Keenest: Match up your evidence with your fellow classmates’ arguments and determine who’s really telling the truth. Once you’ve got a suspect in your sights, turn up that tropical heat in a variety of timing- and reflex-based game systems to reveal the ultimate truth.

I'd also like to point out that in the info section, it states both English & Japanese under "audio", so it's safe to assume it'll be dual voiced as well.

Labrys

Also, Fun Sun & Murder for the OT title.

i claimed the OT in the OT thread so i'll take that into consideration, yeah

i have some ideas on how i wanna handle this one

hnngh i'd like to start on the profile pictures but we're only sure on one character spelling at this point, guess i'll wait

Will buy Day One, just like I did for the first one. Also gonna get Disgaea 4. Gotta encourage based NISA to
get started on dem Vita ports of Fate Paradox, Disgaea D2, etc.

Feep

Banned
Oh good, I can finally talk about this.

But then again, even mentioning...this...is sort of a...eh.

Point is, I'm very excited about it. ;-)

I tell you, the Vita is looking more and more like a great purchase..might have to finally pick it up this year.

I blame GAF.

DanganRonpa looks excellent and I'm always glad to see more 'niche' titles grab a great audience and succeed enough to be brought over.

Top Bottom