• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl scout sells cookies in front of SF medical marijuana shop, sells out in 45 min

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.eastbayexpress.com/Legal...when-girl-scouts-and-medical-cannabis-collide

One San Francisco mom, Carol Lei, says selling cookies teach her two girls goal-setting, decision making, management, people skills, and business ethics. They also offer a teachable moment about medical marijuana.

“They learn that they’re not drugged out,” said Lei. “Many have serious needs, and are just a little different.”

“And they get very hungry after!” said thirteen-year-old Girl Scout Danielle, who did brisk business Monday in front of The Green Cross dispensary on Mission Street.

“Do you want to buy some cookies!” Danielle chirped at passersby.

“I feel like it’s safe,” said Carol who has lived near Glen Park since 1987. “There’s always a security guard and cameras everywhere.”

Selling cookies around town exposes the girls to other walks of life, Lei said. It’s made Danielle less shy.

She’s done her best business among the throngs of tourists on Montgomery, Danielle said. She’s also met homeless people who don’t have a dollar. She’s raised money for camp, troop supplies, and Alzheimer’s Disease.

And does she mind the aroma of weed wafting out the door?

“Um, I can’t smell anything because my nose is stuffed up.”

According to their wildly popular post on reddit, Danielle and Carol sold out of the cookies they brought in 45 minutes.

http://blog.sfgate.com/stew/2014/02/20/genius-girl-scout-sells-cookies-outside-pot-club/

Girl Scouts of Northern California told Mashable that the organization has no problem with their scouts putting their savvy to use outside medical marijuana dispensaries.

Girl Scouts of Colorado, where recreational marijuana is now legal, sang a different tune after a photo-shopped image of Girl Scouts selling cookies outside a dispensary began making its way through the Internet.

Girl Scouts of Colo. @GSC

If you are wondering, we don't allow our Girl Scouts to sell cookies in front of marijuana shops or liquor stores/bars.

58RW231.jpg

gU8YfLM.jpg

Something, something, sweets and weed, depression, something, yaaay.

Also, Jurassic Park. That quote is from Jurassic Park. Go see Jurassic Park while high as hell.

Unless things have changed sine I last had my card, you're not allowed to smoke in dispensaries. If those people are high, they showed up high. Chances are, they're just cool people buying her cookies.

jaypah

Unless things have changed sine I last had my card, you're not allowed to smoke in dispensaries. If those people are high, they showed up high. Chances are, they're just cool people buying her cookies.

I buy food in anticipation of being high. Gots to be prepared.

Davey Cakes

It's not a bad idea. I like to indulge in something sweet when I'm high so if I walked out of a dispensary (lol I wish) and was thinking about what kind of treats I'd want on hand, I'd be partial to a box of Samoas if I saw one.

You don't have to be stoned right there to have the incentive to buy.

But, in general if I wanted these cookies I'd just opt for the Keebler varieties in grocery stores that you can get for $2 a pack.

jaypah

Right. Im just dispelling the idea that these people are blasted after leaving a dispensary and can't avoid the sly little girls tactics.

Ah, yeah I understand.

On a related note, can you buy weed legally if you show up obviously high? I know I go for an alcohol re-up visibly wasted but this is New Orleans. You'd have to be literally throwing up on the counter for them to turn you away.

Ah, yeah I understand.

On a related note, can you buy weed legally if you show up obviously high? I know I go for an alcohol re-up visibly wasted but this is New Orleans. You'd have to be literally throwing up on the counter for them to turn you away.

The people behind the counter don't check, nor care.

That woman's face though. She's clearly not ripped. If I were ripped it would take toothpicks to get my eyes that wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom