• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Cookie Monster is an Anti-Semitic Grouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

norm9

Adam Sandler — his legal name, but no relation to the comic actor — slipped the outfit over a sweat-drenched blue T-shirt before putting on the head with the famously googly eyes.

Then he got to work, playing Pied Piper for children going in and out of the Los Angeles Zoo and, hopefully, persuading their parents to slip a few dollars his way.

The 52-year-old has been dubbed a serial troublemaker from New York to San Francisco, and now L.A. He has been caught on video making anti-Semitic rants, got caught up in an extortion case involving the Girl Scouts and was accused of threatening to beat up another Cookie Monster.

The zoo has received a total of 67 formal complaints, in person and over social media, about Sandler since last year, she said.

“The general thought was that Adam Sandler was scary, disruptive, made people feel unsafe, and was a poor reflection on the zoo,” Spurlock said in an email.

On July 13, another Cookie Monster alleges, Sandler threatened to beat him up for stealing his business.

A manager at a business on Hillhurst said that Sandler has screamed at customers, made anti-Semitic comments, threatened him and spit in his face.

“I’m scared,” said Frankie Tirado, who said he has filed a battery report. “I would like to see him get some kind of help. I don’t think he belongs out on the street … no one wants to hear the Cookie Monster say he’s going to kill their family.”

He was indicted in 2013 for allegedly attempting to extort money from the Girl Scouts of the USA and stalking an employee.

According to court documents, in June 2007 the Girl Scouts hired Sandler through a temporary employment agency to work on a short-term computer programming project, according to a New York County district attorney’s office news release. His work on the project ended in November 2008.

Beginning in July 2012, he reportedly began sending harassing emails to his former supervisor at the Girl Scouts, according to the district attorney's office.

He later demanded a $2-million cash settlement or yearly lifetime income from the Girl Scouts and threatened to publicize false allegations about the organization if it did not comply, according to New York prosecutors.

Allan Sandler said. “All I can tell you — he’s my son, he’s a good kid.”

Before getting on a bus on a recent afternoon, a group of schoolchildren spotted Sandler waiting outside the zoo.

“Cookie Monster!” they shouted, as they ran to embrace the costumed character. They ran their hands over the blue costume, the front of which was held together by safety pins. Some sat on his leg to pose for photos, heedless of the notoriety in the grownup world surrounding the man behind the fuzzy, blue mask.
750x422

Full story at the link below-

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ln-cookie-monster-20160926-snap-story.html

Om nom nom nom if old.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well that certainly went some unexpected places. Real life is truly stranger than fiction.

norm9

Yo that thread is crazy hilarious.

Relatively recent thread and a ton of grayed out people too for some reason.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1016164/

the street performer biz is full of "interesting" people.

I need to rent that. Only 2 bucks on amazon. I prefer superhero to aspiring rappers as they're not making me hold a cd and trying to make me pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom