• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News: Nazis, Anti-Semites, Holocaust Deniers "Slip Through" to GOP Ballot for Midterms

Arthur Jones is an avowed member of the American Nazi Party, a Holocaust denier and a sympathizer of the Ku Klux Klan.

He also is the Republican candidate challenging Democratic Rep. Dan Lipinski for Illinois’ Chicago-area 3rd Congressional District.

Jones is one of several Nazis, Holocaust deniers or white supremacists who have elbowed their way onto the GOP ballot for November’s midterm elections, in part by either concealing their views or running unopposed in the primary. But their campaigns have alarmed Republican leaders, with state and national GOP figures now speaking out against them and making clear they are not welcome in the party.

Along with Jones, there is another outspoken Holocaust denier and anti-Semite on the Republican ballot in California.

John Fitzgerald is running against incumbent Democratic Rep. Mark DeSaulnier in California’s 11th Congressional District after finishing second with 24.8 percent of the vote in the state’s “jungle” primary. This qualified him for the general election. Before the June 8 primary, he seemed like an ordinary candidate with a stock campaign platform that highlighted, among other things, a more isolationist foreign policy, Second Amendment rights and campaign finance reform.

But a deeper dive into Fitzgerald reveals a number of troubling beliefs.

Fitzgerald, who has previously run in congressional races in 2010 and 2012 as a Democrat, falsely asserts that 9 percent of U.S. government officials are dual citizens of Israel and that Jews played a “prominent role” in the African slave trade. Last month, he posted on his site a reward of “$2,000 to anybody who can prove that the official Holocaust narrative is true” and said that Dwight D. Eisenhower ran concentration camps that killed Germans during WWII.

Paul Nehlen is running for a chance to fill the seat of House Speaker Paul Ryan in Wisconsin’s 1st Congressional District.

A self-described “pro-White” candidate who sought Ryan’s seat in 2016, Nehlen has made headlines for suggesting the country have a discussion about not letting Muslims live in the country, and for defending white supremacist messages on social media. He also published the phone numbers and addresses of people who criticized his campaign, said that all his critics were Jewish and blasted some elected officials for allegedly being dual citizens of the U.S. and Israel.

Nehlen was eventually banned from Twitter after he posted a photoshopped image of the United Kingdom’s Prince Harry and his now wife, actress Meghan Markle, where Markle was replaced with an image of the Cheddar Man, a dark-skinned man who is believed to be first modern Briton.

Nehlen, Jones, Fitzgerald and other fringe candidates in the GOP have emerged as PR problems for a Republican Party seeking to reject knee-jerk allegations of racism and xenophobia from the left, often aimed at Trump supporters of all stripes. In Wisconsin, the party is floating state Assembly Speaker Robin Vos, state Sen. David Craig and Republican business executive Bryan Steil as possible alternatives to Nehlen.

"Islamophobe" was too long to fit in the headline, as well as the title of the thread, but looks like Nehlen has that covered, too.

Fox News gave itself a bingo with this story.

What is it about the GOP that attracts these individuals? Jones is running in an uncontested district, but does so under the GOP banner; he could run under anything.

Looks like Fitzgerald provides a clue: he gathered enough votes under the banner of bigotry to earn a seat at the primary table. Despite other republican officials denouncing these candidates, they are proving that standing up for the worst parts of humanity wins votes in AmeriKKKa.

3W2gzKk.png

Twenty thousand people voting for a Nazi Holocaust Denier? That is not insignificant. What about Fitzgerald, another anti-Semitic conspiracy laden Holocaust denier?

xwsyCRX.png

23% of the vote going to pure insanity. Speaks volumes about the level of racist tribalism that Republicans are currently swamped within.

And finally, Paul Nehlen:

7sVdhCi.png

Should we be happy that only 15% of Republican voters want to bring a white supremacists into congress? Those are not numbers to be proud of. But good on Fox for highlighting this: it's about time they do some serious house cleaning if they want their party to be associated with something other than racism and pussy grabbing.

Excellent illustration of what is going on.

Last edited:
Step one: Find a district that ALWAYS elects a democrat.
Step two: Make sure no republican wants to waste their time and money running in an unwinnable race.
Step three: Be a racist supremacist asshole who runs for attention.
Step four: Profit as the press give you and your hate free publicity.

What is it about the GOP that attracts these individuals? Free publicity for their shitty hate movement. Why GOP when they could run under any banner? Because this would give them the most attention.

Ke0

What is it about the GOP that attracts these individuals? Jones is running in an uncontested district, but does so under the GOP banner; he could run under anything.

I imagine the same reason for any other countries. Their ideologies are deeply conservative/regressive so they tend to go to the conservative party. It just looks much worse in America because you only have two parties. But make no mistake these kind of idiots can be found in many countries, not an excuse but merely an explanation to your question.

I imagine the same reason for any other countries. Their ideologies are deeply conservative/regressive so they tend to go to the conservative party. It just looks much worse in America because you only have two parties. But make no mistake these kind of idiots can be found in many countries, not an excuse but merely an explanation to your question.

I just read that Steve Bannon is headed to Europe....

Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/06/steve-bannon-far-right-radicalise-europe-trump

Last edited:

Right and American parties have primaries - which mean you need to win among most hardcore supporters of the party first before going into normal elections.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Well the dems are the real nazis because they protest against racism!
(This is a legit point that was made on this board by some right wingers, I kid you not)

Mhm. I have also seen some liberals think that vaccines are evil and that the world is flat. Doesn't mean much when you can find stupid people on either side.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The first person in the article is literally a member of the American Nazi party.

Woosh

bucyou bucyou was making the obvious joke that the DNC/Far-Left ideologues have taken the claims of "nazis", a real hate group that does real damage, and utilized it to be a term for anyone they mildly disagree with. Therefore, the DNC has "nazis" running for them as anything left of far-left are "nazis", as asked by rokkerkory rokkerkory .

I honestly wasn't expecting to explain jokes today, but here I am.

Last edited:
Woosh

bucyou bucyou was making the obvious joke that the DNC/Far-Left ideologues have taken the claims of "nazis", a real hate group that does real damage, and utilized it to be a term for anyone they mildly disagree with. Therefore, the DNC has "nazis" running for them as anything left of far-left are "nazis", as asked by rokkerkory rokkerkory .

I honestly wasn't expecting to explain jokes today, but here I am.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arkage

Banned
3W2gzKk.png

Twenty thousand people voting for a Nazi Holocaust Denier? That is not insignificant. What about Fitzgerald, another anti-Semitic conspiracy laden Holocaust denier?

xwsyCRX.png

23% of the vote going to pure insanity. Speaks volumes about the level of racist tribalism that Republicans are currently swamped within.

7sVdhCi.png

Should we be happy that only 15% of Republican voters want to bring a white supremacists into congress? Those are not numbers to be proud of. But good on Fox for highlighting this: it's about time they do some serious house cleaning if they want their party to be associated with something other than racism and pussy grabbing.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The first person in the article is literally a member of the American Nazi party.
Which is exactly why it's such a terrible idea to constantly use the word "nazi" when it doesn't apply, as now it's basically assumed to be a cheap joke and exaggeration by virtually everyone.

Then a real one comes along and literally no one even believes it anymore.

Which is exactly why it's such a terrible idea to constantly use the word "nazi" when it doesn't apply, as now it's basically assumed to be a cheap joke and exaggeration by virtually everyone.

Nah I still believe they're all Nazis.

You don't have to be a card-carrying member of the NRA to be a gun nut.

Nor do you have to be have a membership to the Nazi party or Klan to be just as gross.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Nor do you have to be have a membership to the Nazi party or Klan to be just as gross.
Sure, no one is exempt from criticism of their beliefs and actions. That should be enough to highlight anything gross.

But if you just constantly mislabel people on purpose just for shock value, then people figure out pretty quickly that the term is now close to meaningless and stop listening.

Anyone could be anything. You included.

What are you getting at? The sick fucks in the OP have a right to run for office. We have a right to heckle them and show them no one but a few pathetic souls want their ideology.

If you normalize calling the opposition to your immediate political strategies as nazis no one will ever believe you when the real ones show up.

Papa

Banned

I think your identarianism would develop into something approximating nazism if you were given the power you desire.

Gander

Banned
Republicans had their chance to do something for the country. All they did was attack Obamacare, give money to the rich, and almost gave Trump a parade.

Blue Wave is coming to wipe them all out. All of them.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Republicans had their chance to do something for the country. All they did was attack Obamacare, give money to the rich, and almost gave Trump a parade.

Blue Wave is coming to wipe them all out. All of them.

Let’s not count our chickens. If you remember people were projecting Georgia to shift blue last election. How about instead of running on a campaign of “inevitability” we run on a campaign of “fixing societal problems”.

This whole inevitable shit seems rather totalitarian to me. Trying to stamp out ~50% of the voting public’s opinion isn’t a good thing. They deserve to have a voice as well.

Switching the country blue means nothing if those in power are going to keep the status quo.

Last edited:
Sure, no one is exempt from criticism of their beliefs and actions. That should be enough to highlight anything gross.

But if you just constantly mislabel people on purpose just for shock value, then people figure out pretty quickly that the term is now close to meaningless and stop listening.

They weren't listening before.

Lost cause.

3W2gzKk.png

xwsyCRX.png

7sVdhCi.png

Yo, this is amazing. I'm adding this to the OP.

Arkage

Banned
Trying to stamp out ~50% of the voting public’s opinion isn’t a good thing. They deserve to have a voice as well.

That 50% could've voted someone respectable into office like Kasich, who even I would've voted for over Hillary. Instead they elected the worst possible choice, if only to show that they could.

How about instead of running on a campaign of “inevitability” we run on a campaign of “fixing societal problems”.

T\.
I am having this weird Deja vu you have said this before. Or maybe I am going insane.
The only to fix problems if both sides are willing to sit down and compromise. From what I understand that's not possible as it seems like it happened when Obama was president. People called the GOP the Party of No but I wasn't really following politics at the time. And now with Dems vs Trump. Should the next president be another Dem, I wouldn't rule out the same thing will happen again.

Let’s not count our chickens. If you remember people were projecting Georgia to shift blue last election. How about instead of running on a campaign of “inevitability” we run on a campaign of “fixing societal problems”.

This whole inevitable shit seems rather totalitarian to me. Trying to stamp out ~50% of the voting public’s opinion isn’t a good thing. They deserve to have a voice as well.

Switching the country blue means nothing if those in power are going to keep the status quo.

I thought this too until recently.

That 50% could've voted someone respectable into office like Kasich, who even I would've voted for over Hillary. Instead they elected the worst possible choice, if only to show that they could.

I also would have voted for Kasich over Hillary.

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Jones is one of several Nazis, Holocaust deniers or white supremacists who have elbowed their way onto the GOP ballot for November’s midterm elections, in part by either concealing their views or running unopposed in the primary. But their campaigns have alarmed Republican leaders, with state and national GOP figures now speaking out against them and making clear they are not welcome in the party.

I mean like, you could have at least tried to read the op...

But I guess that would have got in the way of your outrage :sneaky:

Last edited:

Arkage

Banned
I mean like, you could have at least tried to read the op...

But I guess that would have got in the way of your outrage :sneaky:

Jones has been a known bigot for decades and still got 20,000 people to go vote for him. In fact, he had to gather 14,600 valid signatures prior to that to even get on the ballot. Fitzgerald did not conceal his bigotry and still got 36,000 votes. They both had campaign websites blatantly advertising their views. I really don't give a shit if they were running unopposed or not. Voters should not be voting for them, period. The only candidate who actually concealed his views was Nehlen for the 2016 primary, but his views were exposed soon after that, which hasn't stopped other GOP candidates from freely associating with him and hoping he wins the 2018 election. Well, at least until public pressure got to be too much, forcing them to disavow him: https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/politics/corey-stewart-paul-nehlen/index.html https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/13/politics/kfile-kelli-ward-disavows-anti-semite-paul-nehlen/index.html

But you're right, Nazis successfully running for congress is nothing to get Outraged(TM) about. What I would get Outraged(TM) about is if a publicly known pedophile barely loses a Senate seat by a 1% margin. Oh, that's right, Republicans almost did elect a highly publicized pedophile to a Senate seat. Can I be Outraged(TM) or is this still nothing to be mad about? Maybe I just need to embrace the Nazi and pedophile filled Republican nominee system and stop worry about ethics altogether, like you clearly have.

gRtUEkv.png

Last edited:

Mahadev

Step one: Find a district that ALWAYS elects a democrat.
Step two: Make sure no republican wants to waste their time and money running in an unwinnable race.
Step three: Be a racist supremacist asshole who runs for attention.
Step four: Profit as the press give you and your hate free publicity.

What is it about the GOP that attracts these individuals? Free publicity for their shitty hate movement. Why GOP when they could run under any banner? Because this would give them the most attention.

Both parties have weaponized identity politics and with that come a lot of nutjobs. Of course the hateful nutjobs from the right, unsurprisingly, often happen to be racist xenophobic assholes. These genuinely bigoted assholes are aided by the fact that the nutjobs on the other side tend to call anyone they disagree with a racist and a nazi so when someone points out that these people a genuine racists the public isn't shocked anymore, they don't even care because these terms have been watered down by the aforementioned idiots.

So, welcome to the clusterfuck that is the 2018 political system. My condolences.

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Jones has been a known bigot for decades and still got 20,000 people to go vote for him. In fact, he had to gather 14,600 valid signatures prior to that to even get on the ballot. Fitzgerald did not conceal his bigotry and still got 36,000 votes. They both had campaign websites blatantly advertising their views. I really don't give a shit if they were running unopposed or not. Voters should not be voting for them, period. The only candidate who actually concealed his views was Nehlen for the 2016 primary, but his views were exposed soon after that, which hasn't stopped other GOP candidates from freely associating with him and hoping he wins the 2018 election. Well, at least until public pressure got to be too much, forcing them to disavow him: https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/politics/corey-stewart-paul-nehlen/index.html https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/13/politics/kfile-kelli-ward-disavows-anti-semite-paul-nehlen/index.html

Oh look, there's that bigot word again. Used almost exclusively by leftist bigots because you are not allowed to have any other view than theirs. It's almost like the word has no meaning anymore.

And do you think the majority of people in a 2 party system actually cared beyond voting red or voting blue?

As for this campaign website that was plastered with swastikas, death to jews and lynch mob time tables, I'll need to see the receipts.

Arkage

Banned
Oh look, there's that bigot word again. Used almost exclusively by leftist bigots because you are not allowed to have any other view than theirs. It's almost like the word has no meaning anymore.

And do you think the majority of people in a 2 party system actually cared beyond voting red or voting blue?

As for this campaign website that was plastered with swastikas, death to jews and lynch mob time tables, I'll need to see the receipts.

Do I really need to hold your hand through this shit? You really can't bring yourself to google their websites because you'd rather waste my time doing it for you? LMGTFY

http://artjonesforcongressman.com/congress-2016-candidate-bio/ - features pictures labelled "speaking an Aryan Nations World Congress" and "ripping Jewish flag to shreds"
http://artjonesforcongressman.com/holocaust/
http://artjonesforcongressman.com/flags/
http://johnfitzgeraldforcongress.com/ - featuring a $3,000 reward for anyone who can prove to him the holocaust really happened
http://johnfitzgeraldforcongress.co...through-immigration-policies-and-advertising/ - includes conspiracies about Jewish multiculturalism, the perils of "race mixing," Jews brainwashing young white people, etc

There, now that I've wasted 15 minutes of my life googling that for you, let me make something else clear. They are anti-Jewish bigots. If you can't admit to such a basic damn fact of life, you are indeed lost down the conspiratorial rabbit hole, and there's no point in me talking to you further.

Last edited:
Top Bottom