• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOP strategists plot anti-media strategy for 2018 elections

Literally trying to undermine American democracy. Amazing to see an empire crumble in my lifetime.

Ok, so if a candidate is seriously going to try the whole "fake news" strategy, wouldn't any network that has their own news network that would be on the receiving end of this basically say "no you can't run ads on our network of stations" ?
Money > Integrity.

Foffy

Banned
GOP literally proving that they're worse than ISIS, and not even leaving claims to be seen as hyperbolic.

etrain911

Literally trying to undermine American democracy. Amazing to see an empire crumble in my lifetime.

Money > Integrity.

I think, or at least, I would hope that the MSM organizations are smart enough to realize that those attack ads would do more long-term damage to them than what could be justified in the short-term profit that they would make by running them.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I think, or at least, I would hope that the MSM organizations are smart enough to realize that those attack ads would do more long-term damage to them than what could be justified in the short-term profit that they would make by running them.

It should be noted that Trump actually tried this not too long ago with an Attack Ad that called the MSM Fake News and all of the media outlets rejected it out of hand.

They're backed into a corner, they simply *have* to adopt this strategy, even though it won't work, the alternative is to let their actions be widely reported and accepted as truth, which is political suicide since they're a fucking mess.

I mean, they backed themselves into the corner. They knew what they had to do after Obama's victory. They knew what they had to do after Trump secured the party nomination. There were party leaders who clearly outlined the problems and began talking very seriously about solutions. There were plenty of places to go, and they chose the corner.

They went full Trump, and no amount of McCain shaking his jowls is going to change that.

jstripes

Banned
Ok, so if a candidate is seriously going to try the whole "fake news" strategy, wouldn't any network that has their own news network that would be on the receiving end of this basically say "no you can't run ads on our network of stations" ?

That's illegal.

I'm really looking forward to when we have a blown authoritarian oligarchy or plutocracy
/s
, only question is if we'll get there before the UK.

Top Bottom