• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret Best Platformer KUNG FU RABBIT now on 3DS eShop for $5

maxcriden

Credit to Hero of Legend for getting me to pick up this game on Wii U. Here's his original LTTP thread for this game.
WiiU_screenshot_TV_012D8.jpg

This is a basic 2D platformer, of which there are already quite a few available on the 3DS. There's just something special about this one, though. You traverse through bite-size levels and you can stick to walls. Touching black goo immediately kills you. You have infinite levels. I've never played Super Meat Boy but I've heard this described as SMB lite. I'm sure it's not as hard, although 100%ing the game offers plenty of content and increased, significant difficulty. It's definitely significantly more difficult than a Kirby game (I do love Kirby games, though). Anyway, the game is charming in a 2D hand-drawn Kung Fu Panda kind of way. The music is catchy and the artwork is gorgeous.

Pro-tip: collect the carrots for added difficulty (a la star coins in NSMB) but don't buy power-ups, they're like a super guide or White Tanooki-style item.

TL;DR: it's $5 and offers tons of fun and content.

maxcriden

The game really doesn't look that good to me. Maybe a demo could change my mind.

I dunno what to tell you. If you don't like the artstyle you may just not like it. It's a fun, challenging platformer. It controls extremely smoothly. It's addictive and has that "one more stage" aspect to it.

Jackano

Nice effort to downport to the 3DS. I feel bad to not get into it but in 2014 I decided I will go to GAF-labelled instead of French-labelled games.

7threst

Don't know what all the negativity is about but man, I really love this game! People should really get it, it's awesome!

I wouldn't call Kung-Fu Rabbit a great game, but it is fun. It's definitely worth $5 especially if you're craving Super Meat Boy style platforming.

I bought it on the Wii U ages ago and even though I enjoyed it something didn't quite click with me.

Tripon

$5 was the base price when it debuted. It was on sale at $2.50 during the holidays, IIRC. Still, a good game.

Top Bottom