• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portlandia |OT| Put a Bird On It! - Thursdays on IFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

About

Portlandia is a follow up to the Fred Armisen (SNL)/Carrie Brownstein (Wild Flag, Sleater-Kinney) comedy collaboration, Thunderant. In the IFC series (executive- produced by Lorne Michaels), the pair lovingly skewer the people and values of Portland, Ore. by introducing us to Portland archetypes like a militant bike messenger, feminist bookstore owners and an arts & crafts couple who "put birds on things."

The new 10-episode season of the sketch comedy show created by Fred Armisen, Carrie Brownstein and Jonathan Krisel, features some familiar faces such as Mayor Kyle MacLachlan, Jeff Goldblum, Ed Begley Jr., Steve Buscemi, Annie Clark (aka St. Vincent), Kumail Nanjiani, cult leader Jason Sudeikis and director Gus Van Sant. Plus look for new guest stars like Olivia Wilde, Kirsten Dunst, Maya Rudolph, Jello Biafra, Paul Allen and many more.

The new season premieres February 27 at 10/9c

Cast

What is Portlandia and/or Why Should I Watch Portlandia?

xUKfuSB.gif
0ZmTNhr.gif
OwIxXyI.gif
rnJobP7.gif

p3C5KOO.gif
X0PWBnl.gif

c8SOCKp.gif
MgtEl5P.gif

4eaBANo.gif
MrV8nk6.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Season premiere tonight!

Sharing Finances

In the Season 4 premiere, extremely intelligent ghosts haunt a young lady; Doug and Claire decide to make a commitment; Kath and Dave cram a lot into a 15-minute period; Sandra discovers a soul mate; and the Date Fact Checker checks up on Fred.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

Ecoterrorists

Ecoterrorists get in the face of a makeup company that uses animals to test products; Toni and Candace visit a car wash; Fred discusses how much he misses hip-hop; and Kath receives help from Dave in her efforts to sleep through the night.

Dartastic

As a Portlander, I don't find the show that funny at all. Also, you know the bar that Steve Bucemi was having a drink at? Firstly, the name of it was completely wrong. On purpose because of legal reasons. Also, I basically work there.

I remember when I first watched this on Netflix....I didn't laugh out loud very much, but I couldn't stop watching. I don't know what it is about this show, but it is good.

I love the skit about the hide n seek league. And, of course, Battlestar Galactica. The nerd in me nearly shit himself at the end.

rexor0717

I watch this on Netflix, so it'll be a while until I'm on the new season. I really enjoyed the third season though, I think I had more laughs than the previous two, although I like the reoccurring jokes more then.

My new supervisor heard me talk about Battlestar Galactica one day and she knew I liked comedy so she introduced me to this wonderful show through the "One More Episode" skit and I am mad at myself for not watching this sooner! I'm DVRing the new season and am almost caught up. This show is something special.

"So was Sir Mix-A-Lot in the Wu-Tang Clang?"

"Old... Dirty..."
"Black Man."

This whole episode had me laughing so hard. Really liking this season so far.

"You know, Pink retweeted me recently."
"Yeah, that must feel fulfilling."
"Huge. One of my biggest ones. Play on words, I said, 'an abacus is a machine you can really count on.'"
"I can't wait to miss out on jokes like that."

Every sketch with Kumail Nanjiani in it is so good.

Tetra-9

This show rocks. I like to tell people it's 'for hipsters and against hipsters' at once. So many amazing parodies.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I actually thought this last episode was pretty weak. I only really liked part of the relationship as a dog sketch. A few lines were good.

Tom only talks about Bitcoins.

(Or something like that.)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I only really liked part of the relationship as a dog sketch. A few lines were good.

Oh yeah, that was the best sketch of the episode. I know it was just a one off, but I'd like to see more of them and how their relationship develops over the course of the season. lol

Ludovico

Four episodes into season two (via Netflix), just adding my voice to the masses:
Watch this show.

It seems like every other episode so far has had some dull skits, but then when the show hits its high points it's great.

We can pickle that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom