• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleater-Kinney announces reunion tour, new album

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4Lukins

I want the colored vinyls. Oh well.

Even without it, it is a decent deal. 140 total. 7 albums, on 8 records, plus a surprise single from their next album. A really cool hardback book with a few pages of info on each album plus great photographs. wonderful presentation, plus free digital downloads of all of their albums. The thing is huge, ten pounds.

Odrion

Banned
woooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Marvie_3

Banned
Even without it, it is a decent deal. 140 total. 7 albums, on 8 records, plus a surprise single from their next album. A really cool hardback book with a few pages of info on each album plus great photographs. wonderful presentation, plus free digital downloads of all of their albums. The thing is huge, ten pounds.

I'll probably end up getting one. I just didn't realize how limited that edition was.

C4Lukins

The Hot Rock > One Beat = The Woods > All Hands on the Bad One > Dig Me Out > Call the Doctor = Sleater-Kinney

I'm probably a bad fan. I like All Hands (which is their safest album, probably) more than their earliest work which is the real underground stuff. I'm just not big on the earlier material.

The Hot Rock is just a real grower, though. Gets better and better as you listen to it. The perfect bridge from the 90's into the 00's. Carrie has some of her best guitar work there, too.

No shame in that. One Beat is my favorite. The Woods is great but a bit mixed. The first 5 albums are a blur to me because they were simply random tracks on my IPOD. I played them over and over again for a couple hundred hours while studying for my series 7. I plan to listen through each album individually as intended now.

Davey Cakes

Just grabbed my Boston tickets at 10am sharp.

Right now they're already in "high demand" so you have to sit on the page and refresh again and again for the chance at a decent ticket.

Didn't realize this concert would be so popular, honestly.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I was F5ing the eTix page for the Minneapolis show yesterday and got tickets. When I went back to the page after I checked out they were listed as unavailable. So glad I got them in time. Got my colored copy of Start Together on Wednesdsy and preordered the deluxe version of the new album. Been a very SK week!

On the first two tracks and like them better than the earlier tracks. They're playing SF at the Masonic, so it must be somewhat expensive. Oh well, the reunion record slays at least. Guitars mang.

Polari

Album's great. Not sure what I expected - they've never really set a foot wrong. It's amazing how much it sounds like a clear successor to The Woods considering the intervening decade - takes all the meat from that album but recalls the pop sensibilities of the best of their earlier stuff.

Well I showed up late to the (too small!) party on this one. Loving the album, like a dunderhead I didn't pay attention till it was too late and now every show within reasonable road tripping distance from me is sold out, though not surprising at all considering I'm in Seattle, so kinda expected there. Time to lurk cl in hopes of spotting some. Anyone know of any other sites for getting concert tix third hand? Aside from ebay of course.

Davey Cakes

Boston concert tonight was terrific. This band can still perform. Carrie can still kill a guitar. Corin can still howl. Janet can still drum. These are women punk rockers in their 40's and they make it look and sound good.

I'm happy with Sleater-Kinney. They continue to rock on as if they never left.

It helps that the new album is pretty solid, too. Could've easily been a disappointment but it's in line with S-K's other work. Hell, I'd say it's a more even record (albeit safer) than The Woods and I loved The Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom