• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall leaks, ho! 9 in-game map images, general info + "monster"

RoKKeR

As always, grain of salt, etc., but most of this seems fairly legitimate. From Reddit user FallenFusion: http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/1zdq8p/leaked_pics_more_info_in_comments/

IUrna0Q.jpg

Here's the "monster" we've heard so much about

"Lagoon"
C1qm4fk.jpg

"Colony" (?)
42dNFTh.jpg

"Outpost 207"
A9Fl9Bl.jpg

"Demeter"
ktRUVjO.jpg

"Nexus"
E0sgoFC.jpg

"Colony" (2)
7AKchqZ.jpg

"Airbase"
0cMVeDT.jpg

"Relic"
tlGQrZK.jpg

"Fracture"
NugcGs7.jpg

Note that the map names here are guesses based on leaks of the lobby images we got from RazorUK a few weeks ago.

General Info:
I can't go into details, but I have a reliable source pouring me information on Titanfall. I'll be in and out tonight, but I'll try to answer questions as much as I can. I should also point out I'm focusing on the information which wasn't found by RazorUK in his Beta Data Dig. You can know that almost all of his information is reliable.

PILOT HUNTER - Kill the enemy team’s Pilots to reach the score limit and win—one point is awarded for each Pilot killed. Although killing Grunts and Spectres in this mode will not earn points towards your team’s score, doing so will still give you build time reductions on your replacement Titans and Titan Core Ability.

MAPS - There are 15 maps. Most of which we know already. I have actual top-down map images and may post them later if demand is high.

TURRETS - See here Heavy turrets are designed for killing everything—including Titans. When used out in the field, they are often braced into position in urban environments atop buildings, and have a considerable range of motion and excellent target tracking systems. Multiple Titans are usually required to disable a single heavy turret by focusing their fire on it. They operate autonomously and, in most cases, can be “flipped” (to fight for the other team) when a nearby console is compromised, often with a Data Knife.

GENERATIONS - Thanks to RazorUK we basically know a ton about Generations already, I'll spare the details. But I was given this screenshot of what "Regenerating" actually looks like.

ZIPLINES See here Ziplines travel both ways, up and down. They're especially helpful in CTF matches and escaping areas quickly. You can attach to it from either end or even while in midair (assuming you're close enough.) You hold the reload button to latch on and ride.

Turrets, Generations, and Ziplines: (thanks antitrop)
Turret:
ODNGrpb.jpg

Regenerating:

G5Owq6M.jpg

Ziplines:

HmoS5ty.jpg
(note: map in this shot is "Overlook")

Campaign Multiplayer:
Without spoiling any story details, there are 9 campaign matches, and you can play from each side, IMC and Militia. The matches consist of 5 Attrition & 4 Hardpoint games. Picking each side results in different pre-match briefings and chatter during the battles. There are some surprises which will keep things different from the traditional multiplayer experience.

Game Modes: (at launch)
Attrition
Capture the Flag
Hardpoint Domination
Last Titan Standing
Pilot Hunter

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I have to say I'm impressed that they make the boxy source engine look this interesting.

Ghazi

Pilot Hunter will probably be the go to gametype for competitive gaming, then, just what I wanted!

Even trying to suspend belief it is nearly impossible to think that the anatomy of the dino/creature thing isn't ridiculous

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
It is insane that one week from release the only major details we're getting about the game are from hacked betas/leaks.

Damn. DAMN. Looking really interesting. I would consider joining XBL again for the 360 version. This game has got me considering.

hawk2025

Damn, looks like Pilot-hunter is not only for pilots.

Worried that we have exactly 9 map pictures. Please please please include 15 maps in the box instead of having the other 6 be DLC.

BraXzy

I wouldn't put too much into the IQ of the images, we've already seen the game in the beta has pretty good IQ, it'll just be a case of compressed screenshots. All the same, it's looking good!

antitrop

Grimløck;102899183 said:
yeah, but isn't there a narrative component?

They didn't hire Troy Baker for nothing. They said Campaign Multiplayer will have a story, with a proper beginning, middle, and end. We'll see how well they pull it off, but at least they're trying to do something interesting.

The monster is likely just a backdrop right? like something going on in the background?

Also it looks like the monster from "The Mist"
The_Mist_monster.jpg

Milennia

Well I'm disappointed with pilot hunter slightly, its mot pilots only like i was hoping.
It looks like ill be playing a TON of attrition then, however... Im still interested in pilot hunter, as its essentially attrition, yet only the pilot kills count, meaning the games should be longer etc, however.. This means ai really is useless to a certain extent outside of reducing a few seconds off your timer at the cost of having yourself blip on the map lol.
Ill try them both extensively and decide which one i like more at launch and which one will be more competitive in the long run.

Im REALLY glad the maps aren't all super bright.
I prefer darker, foggier maps and it looks like this game has plenty of them.

Respawn keeps delivering for me.
Other than pilot hunter :p bit i like attrition anyway.

Damn i cant get over how much i love these maps so far.
The map with the tree in the middle reminds me of old school, foggy COD4-2 maps.
Then we have the other foggy map and a night map.
Awesome.

I dont mind bright maps either.. But not constantly. I prefer a decent variety, which it looks like were getting.

minx

Has there been less info officially known about such a major title this close to launch before? I don't believe Respawn has officially show off more than 2 maps and only 2 modes.

BraXzy

I wonder if they are going to release any more info or if it is going to be a Launch trailer + media blowout the day before?

Top Bottom