• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Sign In Issues

Tawpgun

Hey all, I searched and couldn't find a similar thread or the Xbox One OT.

I'm hoping there are other new Xbone owners that got the titanfall bundle. Me and a friend are having the same issue.

I set everything up, its connected to the internet. I ran the network and multiplayer tests and it said everything was fine.

But when I go to sign in and try to add my xbox live account it gives me a screen that says

Check your home network
There's a problem connecting to the sign in service. If you recently changed your network settings you may need to restore your network to the default settings.

Tried restarting the xbox, nothing changed. I'm about to go reset my router.

Is anyone else having similar issues?

Yaoibot

Maybe those Azure servers are buckling under the strain of the TF launch. Any network, no matter how adept or fancy it is will have connection issues from time to time when it is flooded with requests. Probably not what you want to hear, but if your settings are correct, try again later.

Kingbrave

I'm hoping there are other new Xbone owners that got the titanfall bundle. Me and a friend are having the same issue.

I set everything up, its connected to the internet. I ran the network and multiplayer tests and it said everything was fine.

But when I go to sign in and try to add my xbox live account it gives me a screen that says

Check your home network
There's a problem connecting to the sign in service. If you recently changed your network settings you may need to restore your network to the default settings.

I haven't been able to log on to live for about an hour.

Ulvion

Neo Member
I just came here to kill time until my Xbox would decide to let me play something. I figured it was just me.

Check your home network

I've heard of some with this issue. Apparently a hard reset (unplug the console after turning it off by holding down the power icon on the actual console) fixes the issue. If that doesn't work, you may need to wait for another update.

mcrommert

Banned
There is a service alert up for matchmaking in forza and titanfall...doesn't seem to cover your issue but with these services problems can cascade over different areas...most likely its just live...so wait a while.

I would reboot router anyways cause thats usually a good choice :)

sk3tch

It's too bad. There really is no solution to "day 1" server issues. It doesn't make financial sense to invest the extra $$$ into infrastructure to handle the surge, so they have to balance long term forecasts with the ability to serve those that are trying it out on day 1.

Really embarrassing for Microsoft though, considering how their "cloud" is such a big deal for Titanfall (according to marketing).

EBE

ive had a sort of similar issue the last few days.

im connected to the internet and xbox live. i can play my games online.
but my dashboard wont load up the pins on the left or the store to the right.
it says something like 'connection issues. it might be something on our end. we're working on it'

its annoying. anyone know whats up?

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

ocial and GamingLimited

Affected platforms:

Xbox One

Affected services:

Joining other Xbox Live members in online games

11/03/2014 20:14:32 GMT:

Hi Xbox members, are you running into issues matchmaking in Titanfall or Forza 5? We'll take it from here. Our team is currently working to get to the bottom of this. We appreciate your patience while we investigate. We'll update you again in 30 minutes.

Jarlaxle

I get off of work in 5 minutes and was really looking forward to going home and playing some Titanfall. This does not bode well.

Meader

Refusing to sign me into my profile also. My connection is definitely working as I've got marketplace ads on the Home screen.

ive had a sort of similar issue the last few days.

im connected to the internet and xbox live. i can play my games online.
but my dashboard wont load up the pins on the left or the store to the right.
it says something like 'connection issues. it might be something on our end. we're working on it'

its annoying. anyone know whats up?
Restart your XBOne, like actually turn it off all the way by going to your settings and disabling "Instant On" and THEN turn it off. That fixed it for me.

WhupTroy

Banned
Sounds like the clouds are parting.... (I'm picturing a funny picture where there's a beautiful clear sky and the sun is a PS4) =P

I logged in fine just now... Had some troubles purchasing Titanfall (first it wouldn't accept my paypal as a payment, then it wouldn't install the game), but didn't tried playing online...

Tawpgun

restarting didnt work. Probably have to wait for an official response from MS.

RIP.

Only gonna get worse as more people get off of work and come home.

Alx

If the issue is acknowledged by Ms, I suppose there's not much that can be done on the console side, unfortunately. Bummer, I was about to get twitch to work finally :(

Is anyone surprised though? To be honest, I think MS would be more worried if their servers WEREN'T under strain right now. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

This is just sad for Microsoft.

I get that Titanfall is a big launch, but since the 360 version is delayed, how can the game impact Live this badly?

Unless everyone in US bought a copy of the game, I don't get it.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Yeah, US Live seems to be down. My XBO is set to US while i am actually in Europe. In can sign in and play Titanfall, but the (US) ads on the home screen won't load.

Update.

Xbox Live Core ServicesLimited

Affected platforms:

Xbox One

Affected services:

Signing into Xbox Live

3/11/2014 8:34:10 PM GMT:

Are you unable to sign in to Xbox Live? We are already hard at work with our team to get this issue fixed as soon as possible! Thanks for being patient while we work. We'll update you again in 30 minutes.

Alx

Is anyone surprised though? To be honest, I think MS would be more worried if their servers WEREN'T under strain right now. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

Not entirely surprised, but you would have expected Azure servers to handle the load better than previous gen servers. That's what they're for after all. So it's a tad disappointing

Not entirely surprised, but you would have expected Azure servers to handle the load better than previous gen servers. That's what they're for after all. So it's a tad disappointing

you think the 'previous gen' servers weren't running on Azure?

This is the first time they are being used in this capacity, though. Hopefully they are just making some changes in order to survive the onslaught coming in the next few hours.

Top Bottom