• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WB Games Vault announced (Digital game initiative, made w/ Warner, Midway, & New IPs)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
From the Gauntlet press release:

The game will lead the launch of WB Games Vault, a direct-to-digital portfolio that will deliver paid games based on popular Warner Bros. and Midway brands, plus original IP, across multiple digital networks.

Anything you're hoping for in particular?

I'll update this if they hold any interviews about the initiative.

Tizoc

From the Gauntlet press release:

Anything you're hoping for in particular?

I'll update this if they hold any interviews about the initiative.

Lollipop_Chainsaw_Cover_Art.png

OK sorry for posting that image for the 3rd time, but I would jump on that game day 1 if it means its getting released on PC through this thing.

Jawmuncher

Aren't there some weird rights issues around the game?

(Psi-Ops)

I have looked but I can't find anything concrete.
I think there was an issue at first but it must have been handled outside of court.
While it isn't much to go on Wheelman has the midway splash screen and shows psi-ops behind it as a prominent title. Wheelman was released ages after that debacle so I'm assuming it's been wrapped up.

Brogief

Neo Member
While I haven't played it, Psi-Ops looks like a very cool game. I'd love to see a sequel if they don't ruin it.

Blink Me

Awesome do you think they'll release any of the old Looney Tunes games. A lot of them sucked but some of them were good like Desert Demolition, Bugs Bunny Lost in Time, Sheep Dog and Wolf and Martian Alert/Revenge.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
How about No One Lives Forever. To make it work with a smaller studio they could release 2 missions at a time with a connecting,mini story arc. Or something.

Oh god. Yet again I post a game with a difficult IP situation. You'd almost believe I did it on purpose

Easy_D

never left the stone age
WB would be in a good position to figure it out though. Technically, couldn't they just claim it somehow?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
WB would be in a good position to figure it out though. Technically, couldn't they just claim it somehow?

No, since Midway went bankrupt and their IPs sold off to different people.

Warner bought the vast majority of them, but not all of them.

For example EA bought NFL Blitz and NBA Jam, and Microsoft seems to have bought Hydro Thunder.

I think Warner has everything else though.

V_Ben

Banned

For example EA bought NFL Blitz and NBA Jam, and Microsoft seems to have bought Hydro Thunder.

I still think Warner own Hydro Thunder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YGlsyClolxg#t=9

Like, genuinely... it surprises me that people believe Microsoft owns that brand. I mean, it says it right in the opening for the game. Copyright Warner Brothers.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan

I think Warner leased out the Hydro Thunder IP to MS to make Hurricane, the WB Games logo is shown on startup of the X360 version, at least.

(EDIT: Beaten by V_Ben!)

Oh, I got the perfect thing for this. Get the Geometry Wars guy to do a remake of Robotron 2084. It's gonna print money, I swear.

KoopaTheCasual

I think is the first time in awhile that Square Enix jumped on an idea before anyone else. Hopefully this trend continues since big pubs are realizing they need middle-ware.

Edit: I am mistaken ):

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I still think Warner own Hydro Thunder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YGlsyClolxg#t=9

Like, genuinely... it surprises me that people believe Microsoft owns that brand. I mean, it says it right in the opening for the game. Copyright Warner Brothers.

I think Warner leased out the Hydro Thunder IP to MS to make Hurricane, the WB Games logo is shown on startup of the X360 version, at least.

(EDIT: Beaten by V_Ben!)

Oh, I got the perfect thing for this. Get the Geometry Wars guy to do a remake of Robotron 2084. It's gonna print money, I swear.

It seems I am mistaken then!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think is the first time in awhile that Square Enix jumped on an idea before anyone else. Hopefully this trend continues since big pubs are realizing they need middle-ware.

...I think you're confused.

Warner announced a new marketing brand for the digital games they're making.

They're not doing any kind of kickstarter thing nor using some kind of universal middleware for the titles.

KoopaTheCasual

...I think you're confused.

Warner announced a new marketing brand for the digital games they're making.

They're not doing any kind of kickstarter thing nor using some kind of universal middleware for the titles.
Oh, so it's not a separate publishing branch? ):

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Oh, so it's not a separate publishing branch? ):

Right, it's just that historically Warner hasn't made a lot of digital games, so now that they are, they invented a new sub-brand to sell them as part of the same initiative.

It's like if Ubisoft suddenly decided to start calling their digital games the "Ubisoft Digital Masterpiece Collection" or something of that nature.

Top Bottom