• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift version of Minecraft cancelled?

Muzy72

Banned
Markus Persson @notch
We were in talks about maybe bringing a version of Minecraft to Oculus. I just cancelled that deal. Facebook creeps me out.

Not sure if Notch is serious or not, but damn!

Sell me to facebook if old.

Dennis

Banned
ijgj47ux9a6.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Super knee-jerk. Strange executive decision making, even if he despises Facebook and the house they're built on.

Shouldn't be surprised considering it's Notch, but still.

Eusis

I was worried we got our first sign of trouble, but it seems to have come from the opposite end then feared.

Although this might be foreshadowing how most people feel about Occulus Rift even without Facebook sticking their noses in too far.

NoPiece

Markus Persson @notch
We were in talks about maybe bringing a version of Minecraft to Oculus. I just cancelled that deal. Facebook creeps me out.

Not sure if Notch is serious or not, but damn!

Sell me to facebook if old.

I don't like Facebook, don't like that they bought Oculus, but that's a lame reason to cancel it.

There is a serious perception problem with facebook... Notch isn't likely to be the only person to cancel a project over this.

hawk2025

Super knee-jerk. Strange executive decision making, even if he despises Facebook and the house they're built on.

Shouldn't be surprised considering it's Notch, but still.

"Executive decision making"?

It's Notch, he's one super rich guy just doing whatever he wants.

I'd love to know the reason for these "i wouldnt deal with facebook either" comments actually is.

They seem like a well run company with the money to improve products.

There is a serious perception problem with facebook...

Nobody trusts them. Everybody hates using Facebook but many of us feel forced into having an account there due to family and such and that just makes the dislike deepen. It's the same kind of hate that is usually reserved for AT&T and the Cable company.

ElfArmy177

Good. Facebook has no right running a virtual reality product for gaming.

"log into your Facebook account to download the necessary files"

"candy crush now in VR"

"unfortunately Facebook does not feel it's necessary to invest into triple A gaming VR. However, for only 30 coins you can play our new Facebook roller coaster game"

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This is stupid.
I know hes punk rock indie.
But there is no other reason for him to say this than to contribute negativity to the conversation. He doesn't have anything to say. He was "in talks" to maybe bring a version of his game to this platform. And now he's publicly saying he's creeped out because Facebook also happens to run Facebook.com. Childish. He didn't have a deal, he didn't get slighted, there was no solidarity Occulus somehow betrayed. This is just someone wanting to be a part of the conversation for the sake of it. He should be ridiculed for treating his audience to such pig-headedness.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
is this guy for real? shouldnt professional be more 'professional' in these matters

Who gives a fuck? He doesn't have shareholders to answer to, he's doing what he wants with his company. And one of the things he wants is to not do business with Facebook.

whitehawk

Banned
I'd love to know the reason for these "i wouldnt deal with facebook either" comments actually is.

They seem like a well run company with the money to improve products.
Notch already had money. There is more to just "they know how to make money" when it comes to decisions you make.

ismk

A knee jerk reaction but it isn't surprising. Facebook has a huge PR issue with tech people and deservedly so.

xemumanic

This is stupid.
I know hes punk rock indie.
But there is no other reason for him to say this than to contribute negativity to the conversation. He doesn't have anything to say. He was "in talks" to maybe bring a version of his game to this platform. And now he's publicly saying he's creeped out because Facebook also happens to run Facebook.com. Childish. He didn't have a deal, he didn't get slighted, there was no solidarity Occulus somehow betrayed. This is just someone wanting to be a part of the conversation for the sake of it. He should be ridiculed for treating his audience to such pig-headedness.

It can't be said any better than this.

Good. Facebook has no right running a virtual reality product for gaming.

"log into your Facebook account to download the necessary files"

"candy crush now in VR"

"unfortunately Facebook does not feel it's necessary to invest into triple A gaming VR. However, for only 30 coins you can play our new Facebook roller coaster game"
Lmao what does Candy Crush have to do with Facebook?
The outright hatred facebook gets on gaming sites is hilarious.

Meh, lose some, win some. They might lose a couple of deals for now, but how many new projects are going to come out of this? Facebook giving VR a lot of exposure is a very good thing, imo.

Top Bottom