• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amy Hennig's Star Wars game will be co written by Todd Stashwick -VO from Uncharted4

sjay1994

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04...s4-uncharted-trailer-narrator-todd-stashwick/

Z3gLPpM.png

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley strike once again.

Just because he's co-writing a video game, doesn't mean he can't (or hasn't) do voiceover work.

David Lynch did voiceover work for The Cleveland Show but that didn't stop him from writing and directing two short films, directing a music video and acting in a tv show

It's great that Amy Hennig thinks of him highly enough to have him co-write a game with her. They must have had great chemistry with UC4

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hmmm that's really weird. I wonder if he got cut/left uncharted when Amy left.
He said he was done with his Uncharted work months ago. Even if he still had more to do, writing can generally be done side by side with other projects moreso since he's co-writing while Amy leads.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I didn't know Todd Stashwick was a writer though.

This. It's always nice to hear of a "celebrity" involved in video games but has he actually ever written anything? Plus, video game writing is totally different than screenplay writing, hopefully Henning will be there to guide him through the process.

Cartman86

Banned
Amy retweeted Mitch's reaction to this. He's the guy who wrote the original story saying she was pushed out... Just saying.

inm8num2

I don't know enough about the guy to have an opinion on this, but...cool?

SW needs a good game. A really good game. Make it happen, Hennig!

LTWood12

Hey that guy's in the third season of Justified! Knew I recognized him. He's the prison guard trying to taken Dewey Bennett's money.

Ok carry on.

I dont see what good writers can do with Star Wars, seems like a total waste of talent.

Star Wars is the most basic of stories, Lucas copied the themes straight out of text books.

Just seems like they're not focusing on the draws of the franchise, unlike something like Battlefront.

Hah, Nolan North's not going to get the role.

They'll give it to his protege, Troy Baker. Troy Baker replacing Nolan North as the King of "I'm in every game ever" confirmed.

The flaw in that succession, is that North tends to turn up in Baker games somewhere.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I dont see what good writers can do with Star Wars, seems like a total waste of talent.

Star Wars is the most basic of stories, Lucas copied the themes straight out of text books.

Just seems like they're not focusing on the draws of the franchise, unlike something like Battlefront.

The flaw in that succession, is that North tends to turn up in Baker games somewhere.
Always as side characters though, never as a main one.
David in TLoU still counts as a side character.

Jb

People don't understand at what point voice work is done in game development and are thinking that this guy left ND for this job when he was just contracted for a job he's already completed.

But then if you're trying to read between the lines you might extrapolate that Stashwick is joining Amy because he was closer to her vision of UC4 than whatever other direction the studio chose to take, which at this point isn't especially reassuring.

Stare-Bear

Banned
A voice over actor does more then 1 job at a time? And works with people he has worked with before?

#unchartedcancelled

EktorPR

But then if you're trying to read between the lines you might extrapolate that Stashwick is joining Amy because he was closer to her vision of UC4 than whatever other direction the studio chose to take, which at this point isn't especially reassuring.

What I read between the lines is that they simply connected, creatively and personally. I know they were good friends before Amy's departure from ND.

Top Bottom