• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siglemic got a new WR for Super Mario 64 120 Stars!!! Time: 1:43:54

DaBoss

wDxMOpu.png

http://www.twitch.tv/siglemic

Here's a link to the vid if you want to watch it: http://www.twitch.tv/siglemic/c/4112992

Previous WR (by Siglemic): 1:44:01

Watched all of it live, there were some tense moments. So happy he managed to do it.

Anth0ny

wooooooooow sub 1:44

and on a 24 hour stream? lol

I missed it but it seems like he can't go much lower than that unless a new trick is discovered.

Dorygrant

DAMNIT!!

I was watching the start of the urn but thought it was just gonna die >_>

And I tuned it right at the end too....

Never doubt Sig.

Tiops

Zoast playing Super Metroid and Siglemic playing SM64 are just unbelievable to me. They must be robots or something like that. And they're always improving those absurd records...

daydream

Banned
Congrats to him!

over 5000 hours he's said

he also just said 1:42 is possible. sounds crazy but I believe him.

Yeah, that would be pretty significant. I have to wonder how close that would be to a quasi-perfect run.

Edit: Actually, the best TAS time would tell us, I guess.

FaidSint

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GO SIG GO ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Congrats to him!

Yeah, that would be pretty significant. I have to wonder how close that would be to a quasi-perfect run.

He died to pillarless again, so that alone would save massive amounts of time. It wouldn't have to be TAS-level perfect and the TAS also employs stuff that isn't humanly possible. There are also very minor mistakes here and there (from which he recovered incredibly, nonetheless). He also got bad coin RNG during TTC 100, but there was nothing he could do about that. He'll no doubt get 1:42 someday.

He now wants to get a new N64-version 70-star record (sub-49) and thus will continue to stream.

All in all, although he said the run wasn't that great (hah!), there is no one who comes close to his level of heart attack-inducing play. Puncayshun is trying his hardest, though!

Congrats to him!

getting anywhere near 1:20:xx is not possible, no human can possibly BLJ with that precision lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sig is ridiculous (in the best way). Way to go dude!

Akai__

Congrats Siggy. :D

Good that Twitch doesn't work for me. All I get are "Connection Lifetime Expired" Error pages.

Did he use splits for his runs? It doesn't seem that way in the screenshot. :/

daydream

Banned
He died to pillarless again, so that alone would save massive amounts of time. It wouldn't have to be TAS-level perfect and the TAS also employs stuff that isn't humanly possible.

getting anywhere near 1:20:xx is not possible, no human can possibly BLJ with that precision lol

You're both right, of course. Hmm, so my original question still stands, then - I guess we'll know as soon as Siglemic retires, because I don't think he will before he gets that flawless run.

Kyuur

Congrats Siggy. :D

Good that Twitch doesn't work for me. All I get are "Connection Lifetime Expired" Error pages.

Did he use splits for his runs? It doesn't seem that way in the screenshot. :/

He does sometimes. Maybe he thinks it's too distracting.

Stet

Banned
I love this guy. I have fond memories of a Christmas vacation where I just had his stream running in the background as I did all my stuff. No other game is as fun to watch as this one.

Chuckl3s

Its kinda crazy he has everything memorized. In his words, he keeps "fuckin up" by missing one coin and basically says "this run is over". Man...that is dedication.

Top Bottom