• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi 568
i don't understand the last panel, can someone enlight me?

Hermit couldn't save his sister (think she died to an illness?) and is telling his master not to miss his chance to save his brother. So he hits the weapon user with his gourd.

Red Blood Red Legacy 5
tumblr_n5b26tUnQq1qbxqfpo1_500.png

For an action series in mangabox it really gets the poses and best panels a done a bit better than Distrect Hakkenshi Code T-8. Itsuko and Hayato always pose in best bro way and joke around, even in this time of frightening science. I imagine the nekkid girl tied up is our fourth lead.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan 11

Pretty weak chapter for the month, but at least it captures the idea of the traitor just not really having much support in the kingdom now anyway. I feel as if I missed his motives somewhere in these 11 or so months.

_hekk05

Banned
1. Use grayscale mode for b/w images, that makes leveling easier.
2. Auto anything is pretty bad.
3. Contrast and brightness aren't no replacement for leveling.
4. Use .png for b/w images.

Hmm paint.Net doesn't seem to have grayscale. There's black and white, but it doesn't seem to do much.

Tried levelling. Accomplished some good results, though there are still spots everywhere. Seems as if if I do more I either lose detail or make everything washed out.

cvlubn.jpg

Akito

Hmm paint.Net doesn't seem to have grayscale. There's black and white, but it doesn't seem to do much.

Tried levelling. Accomplished some good results, though there are still spots everywhere. Seems as if if I do more I either lose detail or make everything washed out.
Don't expect leveling to get rid of everything unless you have really HQ raws, you have either to live with the little dirts that are left or to try to manually clean it yourself.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I HAVEN'T SLEPT AND DRANK COFFEE WHICH I NEVER DO SO MY SHIT IS WRECKED WOOOO

AND INSTEAD OF DOING THE WORK I NEEDED TO STAY UP FOR, I'M READING MANGA WOOOO

Iron Maiden the metaphor for puberty thing 33
For fucks sake, don't end it right when he's about to see her

Revo

Nisekoi 121

This new girl is basically here to just confirm that the plot is irrelevant. 'Forget about the promise and forget about the locket, readers.'

And last page pls.

_hekk05

Banned
Don't expect leveling to get rid of everything unless you have really HQ raws, you have either to live with the little dirts that are left or to try to manually clean it yourself.

Well now I'm pushing input 238-20, output 0-255/1.10. Usually gives me a pretty clean image without too much detail loss. Had to darken output sightly because lines were looking a bit too washed out.

Mesoian

Wallman 15

Well...at least he got laid before he died.

I can see this one being a fairly short show, I wouldn't be surprised if Hollywood co-ops this one before it's over. It's the type of thing that could easily be turned into a popcorn movie.

upandaway

Nisekoi

1. You need to combine all the keys into one key
2. You need to use the keys in a certain order
3. It just doesn't open, period
4. She's lying to stall for time, it's one of the keys
5. The power of love is needed
6. Only red haired girls can open the lock (Marika's wearing a wig, she's bald)
7. There's a condom inside, it can only be opened when they're 18
8. It can only open on a full moon using a mixture of the blood of the 4 girls
9. The lock is actually a key and the keys are actually locks
10. The lock holds the only medicine to Marika's terminal illness, it can only open after she dies
11. The girl needs to cook it, eat it and poop it before she can open it
12. Upon saying the magic words the lock becomes a sudoku, the girl that can solve it wins
13. The lock is the 5th girl, to open it means to transform her back to human (the 4 girls sealed her to win Raku for themselves)
14. The lock is Shu's, the girls can only open it if he holds it
15. You first have to like it on facebook and share on twitter
16. The keys all have fingerprint checks, proving all 4 girls are clones who killed the originals and took their place
17. Raku's hymen needs to be broken first
18. She was just referring to the fact Raku isn't ready for the lock to open
19. It's part of a bigger machine, and has to be put in there to function as intended.
20. It's all a giant allegory to slavery and discrimination
21. To open it you need to perform the ceremony of absolute undying trust, the indirect kiss, using the lock as a medium
22. Nanana has the correct key, the lock is one of the Nanana Collection artifacts
23. The lock only responds to people who successfully slept in the same room as Yui for a night.
24. Raku is the lock, the lock is the real Raku. He's been screaming for help inside there and only people who can hear him can open it by killing the lock.
25. It's a mistranslation, the real meaning is that the lock could only have been opened that very second she said it.
26. Chitoge swapped the lock with a fake one back in the beginning of the manga, she's hiding the real lock.
27. Raku invented the whole nonsense back then while just giving some keys to 4 girls he knew back then. It's all a ruse to allow him to have a harem years later, and he fully knows all of that. Now he must kill Yui to seal the truth forever.

_hekk05

Banned
blah blah blah

:panda thinks up the darndest things

If the raw says "smartphone", in relation to taking photos, should I just shorten it to phone?

It seems kinda redundant to say smartphone instead of just phone. -.- moonrunes why u present me such weird questions

Akito

Nisekoi

10. The lock holds the only medicine to Marika's terminal illness, it can only open after she dies
12. Upon saying the magic words the lock becomes a sudoku, the girl that can solve it wins
13. The lock is the 5th girl, to open it means to transform her back to human (the 4 girls sealed her to win Raku for themselves)
16. The keys all have fingerprint checks, proving all 4 girls are clones who killed the originals and took their place
19. It's part of a bigger machine, and has to be put in there to function as intended.
21. To open it you need to perform the ceremony of absolute undying trust, the indirect kiss, using the lock as a medium
22. Nanana has the correct key, the lock is one of the Nanana Collection artifacts
23. The lock only responds to people who successfully slept in the same room as Yui for a night.
24. Raku is the lock, the lock is the real Raku. He's been screaming for help inside there and only people who can hear him can open it by killing the lock.
25. It's a mistranslation, the real meaning is that the lock could only have been opened that very second she said it.
26. Chitoge swapped the lock with a fake one back in the beginning of the manga, she's hiding the real lock.
27. Raku invented the whole nonsense back then while just giving some keys to 4 girls he knew back then. It's all a ruse to allow him to have a harem years later, and he fully knows all of that. Now he must kill Yui to seal the truth forever.
All of those.

:panda thinks up the darndest things

If the raw says "smartphone", in relation to taking photos, should I just shorten it to phone?

It seems kinda redundant to say smartphone instead of just phone. -.- moonrunes why u present me such weird questions
Yes.

Mesoian

Shishunki no Iron Maiden - 34

There's no way this book is going to end the way it needs to, but it's gonna end, and probably soon.

Nisekoi

This seems more fun than the actual manga!

Mesoian

Beelzebub Bangai Hen - 01

I miss Beelzebub. What an oasis that book was.

Inugami-san to Sarutobi-kun wa Naka ga Warui - 04

Seriously, if this guy doesn't get stabbed by the end of this book, it will be a collosal failure. This is how you build a yandare.

Nisekoi 121

I prefer Sensei mode. I want her to have a Don mode.

I would really like this series to go all sanctuary all of a sudden and Char Siu declaring war on Raku and Chitoge's groups intending to conquer Japan and the only way out is to offer Raku for a political marriage. Que IT WAS ME ALL ALONG AUSTIN plan of hers to get Chitoge and Raku close together for god knows what and the forewarning of a great Mafia War sparking the police force into action making Tachibana's position a lot more delicate.

I mean the base is there, 2 opposing mafia groups, a police force and a foreign entity. If only this wasn't a romance harem man.

Mesoian

Teppuu - 26.

Yup. The entire cast are social deviants. Nice people, some of them are pretty well rounded kids and they'll go on to have happy lives. But MAN, that piece of them that is deranged is DERANGED. What's that line?

"Yeah... They all come from good families, but... over the years they just kinda individually developed some ways about them that just aren't right."

I fucking love this manga. This manga is the best thing out right now.

Revo

7 seeds 35

Boat :O

and man, everytime i think i'm over the character art it's like nope, here's a random panel that reminds you you dislike it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
7 seeds 35

Boat :O

and man, everytime i think i'm over the character art it's like nope, here's a random panel that reminds you you dislike it.

Man, don't discourage me please.... :(

Anyways,

Tsuru Tsuru to Zara Zara no Aida

A d'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww story between a reptilian-loving girl and a boy that attends reptilian pet shop.

image.jpg

Naruto 675

And Ninja Jesus said,

"Let this man have an eye!"

And without a moments notice, the man regrew his missing eye, completely dumbfounded as he looked on at thy holiness of the all mighty savior, the non believing sinner, and the virgin complaining about her continuous fall into mediocrity.

I just love how a chapter or two ago she was like NOW IT'S MY TURN TO SHOW THAT I'VE CAUGHT UP or something. And then she punches a dude. Meanwhile NaruGod is giving life and eyes to people.

I still think for some reason that the arc will end with a nerf to his powers somehow. Seems like a bit much for him to have. Especially if this so called Sasuke/Naruto fight is actually gonna go down, how would it even be competitive.

Wiseblade

I just love how a chapter or two ago she was like NOW IT'S MY TURN TO SHOW THAT I'VE CAUGHT UP or something. And then she punches a dude. Meanwhile NaruGod is giving life and eyes to people.

I still think for some reason that the arc will end with a nerf to his powers somehow. Seems like a bit much for him to have. Especially if this so called Sasuke/Naruto fight is actually gonna go down, how would it even be competitive.
Because Sharingan/Rinnegan, duh. If anything, Naruto is only just catching up.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi

While it's still weird to have so many keys, it makes sense to have Yui be there.

There needs to be one character to reveal what really happened years ago eventually.

_hekk05

Banned
Haha, I didn't actually expect a straight marathon. I'm gonna go 1 or 2 volumes of kingdom a day as well unless I really get into it.

You're doing it wrong. For kingdom, you start at 8am, and survive on snacks only and no breaks except for the toilet until you finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom