• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo IP licensing opportunities announcements by year-end

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
During Nintendo's Investors Meeting that took place today, Iwata discussed the following on Intellectual Property partnerships:

In the January Corporate Management Policy Briefing, I talked about our policy of actively utilizing character IP. Since then, even more people than before with license and other associated business proposals using Nintendo character IP have contacted us. We are not at a stage where we can share the specifics with you today, but we are seeing possibilities in licensing character IP in areas Nintendo has never worked before. I expect to be able to discuss some of the details before the end of this calendar year.

How exciting. Movies, LEGO's and Theme Parks incoming?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140508/03.html

AniHawk

i know it sounds stupid, but i think a super mario bros. movie would be pretty cool, and a legend of zelda tv show would have ideas for years.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Please for the love of all that is good in the world let there be a smash bros. anime, at the very least a OVA.

MattyG

Banned
17v70mo618ipfjpg.jpg

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'd like to see David Lynch do a spiritual successor to Twin Peaks using the Animal Crossing franchise please.

Nintendo legos would end me. It would be embarassing. I would need to create a dedicated nerd-room.

I guess as long as my girlfriend owns legos I get some leeway though.

18-Volt

How exciting. Movies, LEGO's and Theme Parks incoming?]

I believe a Legend of Zelda set won the Lego Cuusoo thing and now it's at review process. But I wouldn't count on it since Jakks Pacific holds Mario license.

edit: K'nex too still holds a license maybe there's possibilty after all.

I've always thought Nintendo should be aggressive in marketing their mascots and characters again, and not just through games. They had the right idea in the 80s~90s, with Mario and others appearing on cartoons, lunch boxes and fucking cereals. They just need to do that more aggressively again now, and worldwide. Kids are brought up on smartphones and Minecraft nowadays, not on Nintendo consoles/games. The sooner they make the kids aware of their characters in myriad of ways, the sooner they will be able to create a new generation of kids who still find Mario and Nintendo relevant.

Basically, apply their Pokemon philosophy on their other IPs.

rawktapus

Let's all list our irrational dream team ups. Crossing my fingers for an Earthbound film by Studio Laika, directed by Henry Sellick

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Dōbutsu no Mori (劇場版 どうぶつの森 Gekijōban Dōbutsu no Mori?, lit. "Animal Forest: Theater Version") is an anime film based on the Animal Crossing series of video games, specifically Wild World, directed by Jōji Shimura. The film retains the theme of the video games, in which a child moves into a village populated with animals. It opened in theaters in Japan on December 16, 2006. This movie was not released outside of Japan.[1]

The film earned an estimated ¥1.8 billion (approximately $19,269,000) at the box office.

I only found out about this recently, but they've already done an Animal Crossing film.

BowieZ

Banned
Lego makes sense because they would be cool abbreviated stage dioramas (like 1-1 or more original ones in classic themes), and you could mix the bricks and bobs around to make new level creations; a level editor as it were!

I've changed my mind

Please don't do Nintendo legos.

My self control would be obliterated. I'd buy so much shit I don't need.

i know it sounds stupid, but i think a super mario bros. movie would be pretty cool, and a legend of zelda tv show would have ideas for years.
An animated Zelda trilogy with it being somewhat based on SS, OoT and WW would do really well depending on who makes and markets it. I also could see an animated movie somewhat based on Rosalina's backstory in Galaxy being popular among children and families. I think Kid Icarus and Super Mario would be better fitted for tv show releases.

Jagsrock

Banned
this could turn out to be every nintendo fans wet dream or it a nightmare depending on who they allow to handle their Ips. They should def partner up with legos that would be freakin amazing. Maybe this also means more crossover titles like hyrule warriors. Next few months are gonna be real interesting.

Top Bottom