• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s "Agent Carter" starring Hayley Atwell - 8 episode S1 premieres Tues, Jan 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
536d7a4f1a979.jpg

Bn1k2AiCcAIng-X.png

"Marvel’s Agent Carter,” starring “Captain America’s” Hayley Atwell. On ABC

The series follows the story of Peggy Carter. It’s 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad.

Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life – Steve Rogers.
Inspired by the feature films “Captain America: The First Avenger” and “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” along with the short “Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter.” “Marvel’s Agent Carter” stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter. Executive producers are Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters, Steve McFeely & Christopher Marcus, and Jeph Loeb.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/08/abc-shield-agent-carter/

More info as it becomes available. Meanwhile the reason everyone of you came to this thread:

Tno4BOR.gif

LaiPJ3m.gif

tRaYDIV.gif

In other news Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was renewed for a second season

More news

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/5/10/22496/first_details_on_marvels_agent_carter

According to Marvel, Kevin Feige will be one of the producers.

This is good news, but I thought Feige wasn't involved with the TV side.

based-10beu8.gif

NEWS:

Atwell confirmed to a reporter that the show’s first season will play out over the course of 8 episodes. It’s a little bit shorter than even a shortened 13 episode season many cable shows do, and miniscule compared to the 22 usually given to network shows, but perhaps Peggy’s story really is best told over a shorter, more concentrated arc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiT0tvfvC6Q

MOD ABUSE:

Casting info:

- Deadline: Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series ‘Marvel’s Agent Carter’
- Marvel: Chad Michael Murray cast
- Variety: James D'Arcy to play Howard Stark's butler
- Deadline: Shea Whigham To Co-Star On ‘Marvel’s Agent Carter’
- Marvel: Dominic Cooper officially returns for Agent Carter
- EW: Kyle Bornheimer has landed a recurring role as Agent Ray Krzeminski
- EW: Marvel's 'Agent Carter' casts Lyndsy Fonseca
- Comicbook.com: Costa Ronin Cast as Anton Vanko
- Deadline: Meagen Fay Joins ‘Marvel’s Agent Carter'
- 'Agent Carter' taps Bridget Regan for recurring role

ZzsATrM.jpg

Gartooth

I just watched the short starring her a couple of days ago too which was pretty entertaining. Cautious optimism because I think there is potential, but who knows.

LaNaranja

I hope it'll be a short season. Can't risk it being too fillery.

And I hope they have the good sense to kill it after a season or two. Seeing the origins of SHIELD will be neat but I don't think there is enough for it to keep going for too long without feeling fillery.

Neoxon

Hayley Atwell is a goddess & an incredible actress. Glad Agent Carter got greenlit.

I'm also happy SHIELD is back, mainly because of its miraculous improvement later in the first season.

Cautiously optimistic. It took a whole lot of terrible shit to get to this point but Agents of Shield is starting to get kind of okay.

danielcw

Guess we will find out at the upfronts next week, how they will schedule this.

Alongside SHIELD, or as a filler when SHIELD goes on hiatus.

I guess it will be the former, because the later would be more expensive.
And ABC wanted to do the same with Once Upon A Time and In Wonderland, but ultimately chose against it.

MisterHero

A drama set in the 40s and 50s should be interesting. Like in the other thread, I'm just wondering what they'll do about
HYDRA. Best MCU villains so far

Sounds good. I'd be super-hype if they confirm Dominic Cooper has at least an occasional role as Stark. He was underutilized in Captain America, and I want more.

Penguin

Stoked for this

Dug the Marvel One-Shot they did for this

And unlike SHIELD, I feel like won't be so handicapped with tying into current events of the movies

antonz

Has potential. Can show it from both sides. You have Peggy and Howard etc. working for the good of the world and shield while you have Hydra elements doing their thing. Could perhaps get Zola's actor to make cameos and such

Nyanmaruz

Agents of Shield, Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, Constantine, and now Agent Carter. This fall tv season is truly flooded with Marvel/DC goodness.

I think Hayley Atwell is awesome so more Hayley is good news, but with Agents of Shield being a bit meh i don't know if this series will be able to sustain interest for very long.

TDLink

no way they're getting Dominic Cooper for Howard Stark, at least not for a season regular. That guy is way too busy.

He will be recurring rather than a "series regular". Ie, not in every episode but in some of them. They're doing it this way not because of his schedule (he was down to be in every episode) but to keep the focus on Peggy. All that being said, when he appears it will be more than cameos and more than just "he's featured in this one episode" like Maria Hill on AoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom