• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Night In The Woods Coming to PS4

Loudninja

Coming 2015 to the PS4,PC, Mac and Linux.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8109dIuc-bo

We’re super happy to announce that Night In The Woods is coming out on PS4! You’ll be able to play our little game in the comfort of your living room, den, or Dedicated PlayStation Room.

Night In The Woods is an adventure/exploration game with a heavy focus on story, character, and place. You’ll be doing some running and jumping around, a lot of extracurricular activities, some bass playing, some smashing of things, and a lot of hanging out with your townie friends.

Night In The Woods takes place in the crumbling town of Possum Springs, a dead-end backwater that is barely holding on after the mining jobs left. Mae the cat is a college dropout who has returned home to reclaim her teenage life with her friends who stayed in town. Bea stayed home from college to take over the family business after a death sent her family into a tailspin. Gregg and Angus are highschool sweethearts, working hard to get out of Possum Springs. Germ is a weird kid that hangs around. No one knows what his deal is.

What Mae finds, however, is that life and her friends moved on while she was away. Strange things are happening to her and to the town. Things are changing. And there’s something in the woods up behind the park that might mean an end to all of it.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/04/night-in-the-woods-coming-to-ps4/#sf3171737

mao2

Whoa what a pleasant surprise! I backed it on Kickstarter and was hoping that it'll get a console port, so yay! Love the character design and art style.

That is not what I was expecting. Interesting trailer, though. But I'm not sure I really know what this game really is or how it plays other than "it's an adventure game where you run and jump around."

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Within a year people will be sick of all these indie titles. Well maybe not all people, maybe just a few... i will for sure.

daydream

Banned
Fantastic news! One of the games I'm looking forward to the most, and honestly a GOTY candidate if it turns out the way it should.

There's a free supplemental episode available here (look on their website for Mac and Linux versions) called 'Longest Night'. People should check it out!

RytGear

Wow, was expecting a horror title but this actually looks very nice, the art style is lovely and the colours are amazing, looks pretty zany. I think this could be perfect on vita too, that OLED (long live the OLED) could make this incredibly vibrant looking game even more eye popping.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Awesome game. Saw something from this earlier. Fun that it's heading to the PS4. Getting it day 1. No questions.

ced

Awesome, Aquaria is one of my favorite games so I have some expectations for this to be good.

viveks86

Screens:

14308128606_83425fcb6f_b.jpg

14351464163_092693301a_b.jpg

14144603719_8f591045fc_b.jpg

Shin-Ra

iZHQOcjhVL5cY.gif

Night In The Woods takes place in the crumbling town of Possum Springs, a dead-end backwater that is barely holding on after the mining jobs left. Mae the cat is a college dropout who has returned home to reclaim her teenage life with her friends who stayed in town. Bea stayed home from college to take over the family business after a death sent her family into a tailspin. Gregg and Angus are highschool sweethearts, working hard to get out of Possum Springs. Germ is a weird kid that hangs around. No one knows what his deal is.
This made me laugh.

BigDug13

Is Steam's over-green lighting going to cause the PS4 to be the better indie App Store due to the quality requirement?

Karl Hawk

Banned
Within a year people will be sick of all these indie titles. Well maybe not all people, maybe just a few... i will for sure.

*sighs* Games are games. Whether AAA or indie, it doesn't matter. What matters if they're good.

And frankly, I'm getting bored with AAA games.

Top Bottom