• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, design a logo for my business! UPDATE: See the winning designs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi GAF,

During my time here, I've witnessed this community produce some incredible things. Whether GIFs in E3 hype threads, short stories in the Creative Writing challenges, or racism apologist meltdowns in OT, I'm always shocked by GAF's ability to shock, befuddle, and amuse in equal measure.

That's why I'm turning to you!

For the past few months, I've been ramping up my tutoring business and am ready to make it more marketable. So far, I've been extremely fortunate to gather a strong base of clients through referrals and word of mouth, but I'd like to build up more visibility during the summer for fall enrollment.

Please PM me if you're interested, and include an original work sample (i.e. if you've designed a logo in the past or have done any type of graphic art for pleasure or for pay, I would like to see at least one example). I will reply this evening with my guidelines. Compensation is competitive and begins at $1500. As much fun as a messy free-for-all would be, I'm actually hoping to avoid joke entries :p

ATTN Mods: If this isn't the right place to post this, sorry! I double-checked the "Self-Promotion" subsection of the TOS, and I think this checks out?

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Awwww, you're actually paying? These threads are usually hilarious.

psylah

Pizza_Hut_Book_it_Program.png

I take cash only.

Idk if this is a joke post :(

At any rate, GAF doesn't allow for "roleplay" accounts. Like, I might be SZAAS and get a few cracks about coffee from other people, but it's still permissible. Now if I were just screaming "GET OVER HERE" and "THIS LATTE IS COOOOOLLLLLLDDDDDD" every post it'd be different. If she's been an active member for this long she's legit.

Kraftwerk

Idk if this is a joke post :(

At any rate, GAF doesn't allow for "roleplay" accounts. Like, I might be SZAAS and get a few cracks about coffee from other people, but it's still permissible. Now if I were just screaming "GET OVER HERE" and "THIS LATTE IS COOOOOLLLLLLDDDDDD" every post it'd be different. If she's been an active member for this long she's legit.

It makes sense. Lot of singer provide tutoring classes such as vocal training and whatnot. Leona is simply making money on the side.

Smart girl.

Tapiozona

Banned
$1,500 is a fantastic price for something like this. My only advise is to use one of many websites which are dedicated to bringing designers to people like yourself. You basically create a 'contest' with a cash prize for the winner (500 would get you amazing logos) where designers will create logos for you and you pick the winner.
Somethign like this..
http://www.designcrowd.com/t/bid-on-my-logo-design

$1,500 is a fantastic price for something like this. My only advise is to use one of many websites which are dedicated to bringing designers to people like yourself. You basically create a 'contest' with a cash prize for the winner (500 would get you amazing logos) where designers will create logos for you and you pick the winner.
Somethign like this..
http://www.designcrowd.com/t/bid-on-my-logo-design

Crowdsourcing and spec work are not great ways to develop a logo.

Great entries so far!

A few of you have sent referrals for friends - make sure to send along their e-mail address if you don't mind me reaching out.

I'll choose the best poster among the entries and send them my guidelines. If they agree that they can accomplish the stated goals, I will conference with them via Skype or other means (I will compensate them for their time, of course) and go on from there. If they cannot, I will begin anew with the runner-up.

In other words, your work sample is the basis on which I will make my decision. I value your time and your talents, so this isn't a bake-off :p

Apologies if the OP wasn't clear.

Why would you be screaming Get Over Here?

I do however support you yelling about cold lattes

No Love

Banned
Great entries so far!

A few of you have sent referrals for friends - make sure to send along their e-mail address if you don't mind me reaching out.

I'll choose the best poster among the entries and send them my guidelines. If they agree that they can accomplish the stated goals, I will conference with them via Skype or other means (I will compensate them for their time, of course) and go on from there. If they cannot, I will begin anew with the runner-up.

In other words, your work sample is the basis on which I will make my decision. I value your time and your talents, so this isn't a bake-off :p

Apologies if the OP wasn't clear.

It is now. I'm about to make you some bomb-delicious cookies AND give you the winning logo.

MrGerbils

$1500? Jesus Christ.

A lot of freelancers will charge between a $400-$800 dayrate (or more if you're really good). And with all the back and forth that's going to be involved in developing a logo, it will easily be more than just a few days worth of work. This is not a crazy amount of money.

I know people like to say shit like, "LOLOLOL u paid how manys for that?!?" whenever they see a logo, but they're just looking at the final piece thinking of the time it took to sit and draw it in illustrator. They're ignoring all the process, development, research, client notes, and back and forth that lead up to the final work.

Looking at a finished piece of simple design that has already solved all the problems and worked through to the final solution and thinking about how long it'd take to just remake it is foolish and misses the real point of design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom