• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One to receive Twitter Integration

Alpende

Has somebody on here actively used Twitter on their 360? I maybe used it once or twice but would never consider tweeting from it.

It is useful for tweeting out captures like on PS4.

lionpants

The most important part of this news is Larry's nipples.
They must have the AC cranked in there. :p

Seriously though, besides Twitter and maybe Vine, would any of those other apps ever be downloaded/installed/used more than once? I'm actually curious if anyone uses the countless Netflix knockoffs, etc.

I miss the days of a gaming console just being a gaming console (although I did experience this again over the weekend playing MK8) and not having all the bloatware.

Yes, I own an XB1.

Barzul

Has somebody on here actively used Twitter on their 360? I maybe used it once or twice but would never consider tweeting from it.

If it just means I can share that I'm watching a show to my followers, that's enough for me really.

Xav

I think everyone is just going to continue tweeting the same way they've been doing for a while. On their phone/tablet whilst watching TV.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Didn't they try this with the 360 and it died a slow horrible death?

Because it was a separate app, because Xbox 360 couldn't handle many process at once. This one on the other hand, has lot of potential since you can just snap it on side and do other stuff.

Bgamer90

Banned
Didn't they try this with the 360 and it died a slow horrible death?

No... it was a completely separate app on the 360 that took you away from your game and/or video app.

This (on the XB1) looks to actually be integrated into the system's OS instead of being a separate app. Much better.

Barzul

Only thing I need now is the ability to record shows from One Guide. Or can you already do that and I missed the update?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hashtags for TV shows: ok, that's fair.

Displaying hashtags for lines that an actor or comedian just said: ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Really hate that trend, hate it hate it hate it.

Anyways, sorry for the slight derail. :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
hmm.

looks cool, but I'd be concerned about timing - eg that clip of 24 shown in the video hasn't been broadcast yet in the UK until tonight. So there might be a risk that you'd get spoilers on the twitter feed.

Also, why would it overlay the TV picture? Why not snap it to the side so I can still see my TV program fully (albeit smaller)?

I like the trending thing though - hopefully we'll get favourite programs soon as well.

I feel like the only app I'll ever use on a console is Netflix, or other video services. Everything else seems like it would be way more convenient to pull out my cell phone.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I love all the apps, but damn, every single one of them has a subscription right?

FXNOW, comedy central, HBOGO (can't even access this unless you have a cable TV sub with HBO)....too many subs to pay.

I can only afford XBL and Netflix.

wreckml

I'd use it way more on the Xbox One with it's snap feature... snapping my TL next to a TV show or movie would be convenient for super-social shows like GoT or TWD.

nynt9

Good that they're getting apps, more apps is always nice. Does the Xbone support all W8RT/WP8 apps natively?

That image in the OP looks awful, but I've never really been one for tweeting a lot so whatever. I'm sure some people are stoked for this

I love all the apps, but damn, every single one of them has a subscription right?

FXNOW, comedy central, HBOGO (can't even access this unless you have a cable TV sub with HBO)....too many subs to pay.

I can only afford XBL and Netflix.

Things like FXNOW and Comedy Central just require you to enter the information you have on file with your cable provider. There aren't any seperate costs besides that, but yes, of course you need a subscription to cable to watch cable channels.

Actually looks like surprisingly useful integration. The trending stuff might come in handy for finding new shows to watch and stuff... I still rarely watch live TV though outside of sports

Bsigg12

hmm.

looks cool, but I'd be concerned about timing - eg that clip of 24 shown in the video hasn't been broadcast yet in the UK until tonight. So there might be a risk that you'd get spoilers on the twitter feed.

Also, why would it overlay the TV picture? Why not snap it to the side so I can still see my TV program fully (albeit smaller)?

I like the trending thing though - hopefully we'll get favourite programs soon as well.

For the exact reason you said. If your broadcast is behind and you have Twitter snapped, you risk seeing spoilers. Toggling it up and down seems like it'll work pretty well.

Shin-Ra

I think everyone is just going to continue tweeting the same way they've been doing for a while. On their phone/tablet whilst watching TV.
Pretty much.

Just like the twitter bugs on smart TV's. Who wants shit covering up what they're watching, especially if you're not watching on your own.

I think this would be pretty cool if you could follow certain hash tags and, say, you're watching E3 or a certain game stream, get constant Twitter updates while watching.

Top Bottom