• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita TV coming to West as Playstation TV, $99

$99 for the standard edition, $139 for bundle including DS3, download for Lego Movie Game and 8GB memory card.

Will grant you access to some Vita titles, PS1 games, PSP games, PS4 Remote Play + the PS3 library from PS Now.

Sony Europe confirmed it is also coming to Europe at €99.

Takao

Banned
$99 should be the bundle price.

Bundling Lego Movie Vita is a dumb idea. It's a 3DS port. They should've bundled Minecraft.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Doesn't this kind of kill the PlayStation Vita? I presume it won't fully "kill it" because there are games that do work better with the touchpad back, but surely it doesn't help its situation?

I don't know if that's true. It might lead to some confusion about what games it can play. Will PS Vita retail boxes now also say "also compatible with PS TV"?

IIRC some (most?) Vita games needed a patch to work with Vita TV, and some aren't compatible at all. Not sure how they're going to make it clear to consumers which are which.

Doesn't this kind of kill the PlayStation Vita? I presume it won't fully "kill it" because there are games that do work better with the touchpad back, but surely it doesn't help its situation?

Not everything will work on this, most likely. But if it helps boost game sales I'm for it.

baphomet

Glad I didn't buy the Japanese version in the past few days. I was honestly going to, but now I'll just wait it out. I was also hoping they would say it was available today because I would already be there buying one.

NolbertoS

I was on the fence to get another PS Vita 2000, but seems this is the final nail to thr PS Vita coffin. Playstation TV, is too late to the scene. Should've arrived here ages ago to North American shores.

khaaan

I don't know if that's true. It might lead to some confusion about what games it can play. Will PS Vita retail boxes now also say "also compatible with PS TV"?

I don't have any numbers but I'm guessing that the people buying Vita retail boxes are aware of what Sony is up to or are negligible.

Firebrand

Excellent. I really want to play Tactics Ogre and a few other PSP/Vita games but don't care about portability, so I'm gonna grab one of these. Really nice pricepoint too.

Was really hoping for a memory card price reduction or seeing the 64gb in the West. But they didn't seem too 'amped' for the Vita in general for this.

DiscoJer

How does the account system work? Will it count as a handheld or console?

I already have a PSP and Vita, so I'm at the limit (of 2). Can't really get rid of the PSP because so many PSP games don't work on the Vita (well, they do work, but Sony won't let them work for whatever reason).

RPGCrazied

Maybe now I can play Tales of Heart R. Nice. Won't be until next year though, this year is about getting a dang PS4.

Usobuko

Banned
It might be hard to convey the message of PS TV capabilities, that is it can be used to play a vast amount of Vita games. But I think dropping the Vita in its name is probably a much better prospect. You don't want customers to think it is an add on peripheral for the Vita, most likely, you would want them to think getting this for other uses. Such as acting as another PS4 onto your TV screens etc.

zychi

Banned
I hope I can log into my psn account on this and use it anywhere. Have my ps4 at home, and the ps tv at work would be amazing.

FaintDeftone

I'll snatch one up at that price just so I can play Lumines: Electronic Symphony on my TV and surround sound.

I wish we got a date though...

Top Bottom