• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita TV coming to West as Playstation TV, $99

SFenton

I'm half torn on whether or not I would buy this. I have a Vita, but having it on the TV would be nice, but it's a bit pricey for an optional accessory for me...

Is it going to upscale at all? The psp component cables, while a cool accessory, didn't do much for the games when displayed on a tv since nothing was improving the resolution. Will the vita tv do this?

This may be a dumb question but does anyone know how well this would work for remote play? Has anyone, with the jp vita TV, tried it with remote play? And does it work with a ds4?

I'm really interested in buying this but the only thing I would use it for is for remote play. Already have a vita for my vita gaming and it would be nice to play the ps4 on a different tv if I need to.

J-Man

Will buy a bunch of PSP stuff (that I already own on UMD but haven't played yet) when I inevitably buy this.

This was my favorite announcement all day. I kept faith this would come to the US, and even felt they'd changed the name.

So glad it's coming :D

linkboy

If Sony can improve the via compability, I might just pick this up instead of a second Vita (my current one is hacked and I'm not upgrading it).

I'm surprised they are still bringing it over after its disastrous Japanese release. I don't think it has much of an audience in the West either.

I've been given too many Vita games through Playstation plus not to purchase this. I feel like I pretty much have to. Can you opt for a Dualshock 4 controller instead?

cdash

Neo Member
I'm surprised they are still bringing it over after its disastrous Japanese release. I don't think it has much of an audience in the West either.

I don't think the Japanese audience says anything about the West though. For example half the reason to own it (PS4 Streaming) barely even applies in Japan as no one owns a PS4 and it released before the PS4 even released.

Plastation TV sounds better than Vita TV because its focus for a broader audience and the thing doesnt play all Vita titles. Still dont think its worth it.

A broader audience that wants to play PSP/PS1 games, a limited selection of Vita titles, and wants a not so great media box? A name change makes sense, but this isn't a device with broad appeal.

I don't think the Japanese audience says anything about the West though. For example half the reason to own it (PS4 Streaming) barely even applies in Japan as no one owns a PS4 and it released before the PS4 even released.
In the West there is a ton of competition from better media boxes with stronger branding and market awareness. I don't see this competing.

Jeels

Hmm, do people think this will become heavily discounted within months?

I'd be willing to pay something like $50 for a PS4 streaming option for another room. Essentially an accessory to my PS4.

I want a compatibility list.

Here's a listof compatible games:

http://asia.playstation.com/sg/en/newsdetail?id=1873

P4G is on there which is all that matters.
thanks

Counting this and my Vita, there's my 2 Sony platforms for all of my games.

Will have to think about getting this vs a PS4 for TV gaming.

Can I play Persona 4 Golden on the TV? yes
TxK? no.
My PsOne games? some

Heh, Elminage Original is compatible of all things.

Haha Awesome!!

So going off the Japanese list

Persona 4 The Golden
Atelier Totori+
Atelier Meruru+
Soul Sacrifice
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom Vita
Tactics Ogre PSP
Final Fantasy War of the Lions

Yeah. I'm sold just for those games. Incredible. Hope the compatibility list grows to include the Trials in the Sky we're getting and Sword Art Online.

flyover

Best news out of E3 so far, for me anyway.
Same here. Besides the pipe dream of a Last Guardian update, this was what I wanted most.

Is P4G on PSN yet, or strictly physical? If the latter, I'm ordering it now, just to be safe. It's pretty much the whole reason I want this thing.

waitaminute, you can put physical Vita cartridges in this?

How did I miss that detail?
I thought it just was like a Vita PSN streaming device.

Hindl

I actually think I'm going to get this. I'm living in a big apartment next year with a few people, so the idea of having the ps4 in the living room and be able to stream it to my bedroom is tempting

Top Bottom