• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows You've Seen Recently |OT| July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
oops totally forgot to create new one. in june I was banned so there is no june thread..

tumblr_n416mapGWo1t5k70go1_400.gif

The purpose of this thread is to discuss TV shows for which there are no current threads. That also means discussing older seasons of shows that are currently running if you don't want to risk getting spoiled in the current threads.

Community - Season 4

yeah that was lame... too repetitive, hardly about college anymore. guess they ran out of ideas.

Malcolm in the Middle

I don't know why I never watched this show back then when it aired but gosh I love this show! I was hooked from the first episode and I'm already on season 2. what a brilliant show. the first episode of season 2 where Hal explains to the police officer that he wants to make an impact in life and something about a blue line made me chuckle.

The Wire Season 2

I'm half-way through and it's great. It was a bit hard to get into at first, with all the changes from season 1, but I'm in it now and really enjoying seeing where things go.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Half rewatch, but I never finished it the first time. I finished season 1 a few days ago and I'm waiting for my season 2 to arrive. Loving it so far. This series showed me how awesome Ant-Man and Wasp are. Truly one of the greatest animated superhero series.

Mad Men (rewatch)

Currently on season 6 on my second time through. I honestly didn't pay enough attention to this show until about a year ago, probably more than a little due to watching The Wire and The Sopranos, especially with how you actually have to pay attention to the details in these series in order to appreciate them fully (and even then, you may not get everything in one viewing or have the same interpretation of certain scenes as others). Also, visually (and I must say, this series shines at 1080p) this show is an absolute treat. You can really appreciate the colors and the intent the creators had with certain cinematographic choices. Audio commentary on the blurays is awesome too, you can tell Matthew Weiner loves his work very much and has nothing but respect for his fellow creators, recognizing he's only a small part of that creative process.

Umh, 24: Live Another Day. Great fanservice, I'm loving it. "Just so we're clear, I wasn't asking. That was just me being courteous.".

Shameless US season 1 and half of 2. Great fun, balances drama and comedy very well.

True Blood S7. Possibly the worst thing HBO has ever produced.

Tyrant and The Leftovers. Too soon to judge, the first is good the second is bad.

Seinfeld, from time to time (S3). It's probably the biggest comedy I've never seen, so I'm slowly catching up with it. It's very good.

Umh Louie finished last month right? Best season imho, just great.

That's it I think.

Almost done with S2 of Da'Vinci's Demons. What an entertaining adventure show this was. Good acting, good pace, and quite nice to look at. Not even a "guilty pleasure" kinda show. Damn good imo.

I was going to start True Blood's latest season (enjoyed last one a lot), but everything I am hearing makes me want to stay far away. I will probably wait till the season is over and see if things get better.

I was going to start True Blood's latest season (enjoyed last one a lot), but everything I am hearing makes me want to stay far away. I will probably wait till the season is over and see if things get better.

Considered how incredibly boring the last two episodes were, I suggest to watch it weekly if you're willing to finish the series because yes (like me).
I can't imagine how relentlessly painful it would be to see back-to-back.

Finished Penny Dreadful. Was slightly letdown by the finale--it was much less powerful than Episode 7. Resolution came and went so they could make room for loose ends going into Season 2.

Also rewatching LOST with my fiancee who has never seen it. Got damn that pilot episode is so good.

Cudder

Season 5 of Californication. I really loved 1-4, but I dropped S5 for a long while before just now getting back into it.

When I see my friends these days there's usually a bit where they say "can you please shut the fuck up about Hannibal."

Recently finished the second series. Tres bon. The presentation of the murders themselves, Will Graham's nightmares and the use of discordant music and sound throughout creates this very disturbing atmosphere. For me the show is far creepier than any of the films.

aku:jiki

I just finished rewatching Freaks and Geeks for the first time since it aired, if that counts. Still really enjoyable, both funny and sometimes heartfelt. Bill (Martin Starr) is the MVP of the show; he has the best jokes and the best emotional scenes.

Pretty amazed at how many now-famous people it has, beyond the Apatow crew. Tiny Shia! A young and awkward Ben Foster! Hey, that's totally Lizzy Caplan! Hah, David Koechner as the sarcastic waiter! It's to the point where if a guest character isn't someone who's famous now, you get confused. Kinda funny how that goes for almost everyone on the show except the two leads, both of whom are now forgotten.

The Wire Season 3

Show continues to be fantastic. Hope they don't mess it up too much in the last two seasons.

Fourth is one of the best things ever made. Fifth it's kinda disappointing but still great imho.

I'm into Shameless season 3, just watched 3x06. Holy shit.

Also started Italy's Gomorra. Fucking great.

Frost_Ace

Aβydoς;119932645 said:
Fourth is one of the best things ever made. Fifth it's kinda disappointing but still great imho.

I'm into Shameless season 3, just watched 3x06. Holy shit.

Also started Italy's Gomorra. Fucking great.

Good man!

I'm rewatching Top of the Lake with my mum, Elisabeth Moss is so great in it <3

theapg

Sopranos Season 5- Started this yesterday and only have one episode left. Man i love this show.

24 Season 2- Only two episodes in but so far its pretty intriguing.

Fargo Season 1- Amazing.

Prison Break S3/4 - finally got round to watching these. Put off by the fact I disliked S2 and the talk that they aren't very good seasons either. Well I enjoyed them very much. Pleased I finally saw them. Of course the original is the best and the others were pretty redundant but they still had me gripped, even if they were very predictable.

FlashForward - I really liked this. It's long drawn out but the way the story unfolds is cool with the different characters stories all linking up.

Under the Dome - Its not a bad show. Watchable but the acting is poor, however you do feel like continuing with it to see how it unfolds.

Black Sails - I think it's a pretty slow series but once you persevere it's not a bad show. Lovely locations especially in HD. Some good characters too. Not a lot happens most of the time but it's still quite enjoyable.

The After - Seemed quite interesting and shows promise. Follows very closely to something like FlashForward so hopefully it turns out good too.

Tried a few other pilots like Arrow and Revolution but I didn't find them enjoyable and had any desire to continue.

Vert boil

At the start of July I fancied watching an episode of Cheers or Taxi so I watched an episode of Cheers...
four seasons later
, I just watched the tanning salon episode.

cheers2l0jc4.gif

It's a shame we lost Coach early on but Woody is such a goofball and Diane is still completely adorable.

Tucah

you speak so well
Person of Interest - After trying to get through the first few episodes of the show multiple times, it finally clicked. I'm about 2/3 of the way through the first season and enjoying it a fair bit. The serialized elements of the show are really interesting and the characters are good (I like Carter a lot). The dialogue is a little iffy at times and the cases of the week are very hit or miss but I have to admit I'm kind of hooked on the show. I know the show only gets better from here so I'm really excited to see what's in store later on.

TCRS

Banned
watched the first couple of episodes of malcolm in the middle season 3. crazy what a high quality this show still has after so many episodes.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
The Americans, possibly the best tv show I've seen in the last five years. The quality of Matthew Rhys and Keri Russel's acting is mindblowing, memorable characters like Claudia, interesting and intense storylines seal the deal

starting Sons of Anarchy, which is fine and very Shield-like, Kurt Sutter's trademarks are all here. I don't know what kinda accent Charlie Hunnam is supposed to imitate but woah, he must be good at it, he sounds completely different that how he usually does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom