• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows You've Seen Recently |OT| August 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
66352-Sopranos-gif-iTS4.gif

new month, new thread. As always the purpose of this thread is to discuss TV shows for which there are no current threads. That also means discussing older seasons of shows that are currently running if you don't want to risk getting spoiled in the current season threads.

Malcolm in the Middle

stil watching it, it's still great. how can one show have so many ideas. I love that 90s and early 2000 feel (which makes sense given that it was made in that time but still). I also watched that episode with Cynthia behaving weirdly... welp.

Justified

started with season 4. this show always kind of feels trashy but it really isn't. love it.

Jay Sosa

c&p form the old thread:

Hi Gaf, been looking for decent new comedy show (2013 - ) watched a couple of episode of Back in the Game, Undateable and The Goldbergs and all of them were..not my cup of tea to put it nicely.

Shows I watch(ed) and like:

AD, Curb, Parks an Rec, ASIP, Workaholics, TBP and so on. Any suggestions?
Silicon Valley, Brooklyn Nine Nine.

EDIT: added Silicon Valley and BNN to the list

TCRS

Banned
try Brooklyn Nine-Nine

brooklyn-nine-nine.jpg

Community is also still a relatively new show (the first season aired in 2009) I definitely recommend that.

c&p form the old thread:

Hi Gaf, been looking for decent new comedy show (2013 - ) watched a couple of episode of Back in the Game, Undateable and The Goldbergs and all of them were..not my cup of tea to put it nicely.

Happy Endings is pretty great. A good amount of laughed out loud moments awaiting you.

And TCRS just made me remember about Brooklyn Nine-Nine that is also very good!

Vert boil

c&p form the old thread:

Decent sitcoms from the last few years will be a short list.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Enlisted
And I didn't like it but some people liked Silicon Valley.

If those don't fit the bill then you could try Ground Floor.

Jay Sosa

Sorry forgot to mention I already watch BNN, love that show, will give HE a shot. Keep the suggestions coming :D

Oh shit and Silicon Valley: started out very slow but loved it at the end of the season (Jared is hilarious)

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
reposting

The Americans, possibly the best tv show I've seen in the last five years. The quality of Matthew Rhys and Keri Russel's acting is mindblowing, memorable characters like Claudia, interesting and intense storylines seal the deal

starting Sons of Anarchy, which is fine and very Shield-like, Kurt Sutter's trademarks are all here. I don't know what kinda accent Charlie Hunnam is supposed to imitate but woah, he must be good at it, he sounds completely different that how he usually does

Un village français. It's great.

Un-Village-fran%C3%A7ais-serie-Saison-3-poster-Affiche-01.jpg

Lots of tension, hard decisions (reminds me of The Walking Dead video game) and top-notch cast/acting.

Apt101

I am digging Manhatten. The US version of The Bridge has been good so far. It doesn't hurt that Diane Kruger is ridiculously good looking.

old

Just binged watched The first two seasons of American Horror Story. Loved the first season but the second season was a big drop off. Hoping season 3 picks up with the same spooky-ghost horror vibe as season 1.

Cudder

I'm almost finished season 3 of Friday Night Lights, and holy shit is it amazing. Will probably be one of my favourite shows ever if the final 2 seasons are on par with the rest.

Karu

Currently on a Seinfeld Season 3 rerun - as good as ever. What.A.Run!

Edit: Whoops, older shows. Got it.

Just binged watched The first two seasons of American Horror Story. Loved the first season but the second season was a big drop off. Hoping season 3 picks up with the same spooky-ghost horror vibe as season 1.

I liked S2 - Jessica Lange was phenomenal. Unfortunately the general consensus is S3 is the weakest of them all.

TCRS

Banned
It's about a village in France under Nazi occupation. There are nazis, jews, communists, members of the resistance, collaborationists, people who don't know which side to pick, betrayals, etc. Here's a preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHwGrBVzQzM

damn that looks good. hopefully it'll get a netflix release.

I'm almost finished season 3 of Friday Night Lights, and holy shit is it amazing. Will probably be one of my favourite shows ever if the final 2 seasons are on par with the rest.

imo you're already past the low point. I usually hate teen dramas but that show is just amazing, there's nothing else like it.

Currently on a Seinfeld Season 3 rerun - as good as ever. What.A.Run!

Edit: Whoops, older shows. Got it.

you can discuss all sorts of shows, it's just that shows that are currently running usually have a thread for the current season. this is where we discuss older seasons and shows, but it's not a restriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom