• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rush |OT| new USA medical fixer drama - Thursdays 9/8c on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
_46d1f97b6c111e8eae40f2941e232d18.jpg

USA, you have Royal Pains. Why did you feel the need to add another doctor show to your roster? Especially one that looks so generic.

Also, I had no idea Larenz Tate was in this.

Poster

rush.jpg

So what will would be the difference between this and Royal Pains?
He drinks, smokes and takes pills or drugs. I haven't seen Royal Pains. USA is trying to be more dark.
But to know for sure, we are going to need to watch first episode. USA's output was decent. All of their shows are enjoyable.

hydruxo

Looks like a USA show alright. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. I love Suits (and Psych). I might give this a shot.

-
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette review

Basically, “Rush” is USA’s answer to “House,” albeit with a younger, hotter doctor. Unlike “Satisfaction,” “Rush” doesn’t seem overly serialized, which keeps it in line with traditional USA series, only this one is more gray-sky than blue-sky programming.
- RogerEbert.com review
And yet the undeniable familiarity is manageable because of solid casting, strong production values, and an entertaining premise. "Rush" breaks NO new ground but it travels old ground with suave ease. Writer/director Jonathan Levine ("Warm Bodies") created "Rush" and he brings the show a confidence that new dramas are often lacking. "Yeah, we know you’ve seen shows like this before but we don’t care. We’re going to entertain you with it again."
- Metacritic page

Is this show worth watching? I quit watching Royal Pains like a year or two ago.
There is only one episode out, and i haven't seen Royal Pains, but it's definetly worth watching. It's also very beautiful. They are shooting in Vancouver, but they has a couple of days of on location shooting in LA, so there are a lot of beautiful shots of Rush in his 70-80s Mersedes on the streets of LA, which adds to the show's atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom